Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you addicted to food?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you addicted to food?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 92

View Results

Experts say food addiction can affect us much like drug addiction. Are you addicted to food?

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
1stpreggers
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Yes it keeps me alive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM
No not at all (I say this while eating a sandwich at 3am, I'm 34 wks pregnant so there is my excuse lol)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:55 AM
I can quit anytime I want.
Nicky2911
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM

I sometimes have a hard time stopping in a way I feel may be unhealthy. Usually when it is the hardest (to stop) I can think back to something that really stressed me to the core that happened that day. I try to curb myself by drinking water until the urge to overeat subsides. It makes for more potty breaks but hopefully it will help me stop this chub from continuing to build. I am not always successful..... but more often than not I make it.

rebeccarae
by Bec on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Certain foods, I'd say. I can't seem to resist spicy foods, or certain snack items. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I'm a food addict and eat plenty of fruits and veggies.  Meats, cheese AND junk food.  I like and eat them all. My problem is portion control which comes from being told to eat everything on your plate (HEAPING plateful), think of all the starving children in China, you have it good.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Sometimes yes.

I personally cut out 99% of that.. because i get sick if i don't.

I think more needs to be done on food addiction before they try to write it off

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, but you won't see a food addict addicted to fruits and vegetables. In fact, many have a strong aversion to them and only want junk to fulfill their addiction. Just like an alcoholic has to give up alcohol, you have to give up the junk food. You still eat, just not the foods that you wanted to gorge yourself on, and they still drink...just not alcohol.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes.

Food addiction is real.

I had my stomach surgically altered in an attempt to help.

Its an addiction like crack. Only difference is you can't just not eat for the rest of your life

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:41 AM

yep

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Yes :-( Food is all I think about on some days. I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored. I can eat a full meal and 30 min later eat another. I eat until I just can't anymore. I'm trying to curb it. It took me up to 231 pounds :-( I was actually doing really good and got myself down to 187 but the last few days I have been doing terrible. Today I am going to get myself back on track. I refuse to go back to where I was.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM

No, not even a little bit.

Aubs1990
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Same here.

Quoting Anonymous:

I eat when I'm bored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured