Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be Mad if your spouse bought your engagement ring at WALMART?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I looked up the brand of my engagement ring and discovered my bf bought it at Walmart ...and it's a small one at that 1/5 of a carat...I love him but I am wrong to be upset? Would you be upset ? I know  I am . I just don't know how to tell him I'm happy with it ;\

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

No, Im not a materialistic bitch. It's the thought that counts. I say...get over it.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope, I wouldn't be mad! I absolute love him not a piece of jewelry. I didn't even want one at all, but he surprised me with it. He bought it from overstock.com.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine is from Kmart. I picked it out. I also kept in mind that his money was our money and we had plans for a family and all that good stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as the metal isn't fake and turning my finger green, I wouldn't mind one bit.

SterlingHeart
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Um no I wouldn't be upset if that was truly what he could afford..... but there is no reason that in years to come he couldn't upgrade ya!  :) 

my 1st wedding - I simply wore a band 

my 2nd wedding - again we started with just a gold band - then as years went on he did get me the ring of my dreams.  

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

wow thats really stupid of you. Sorry I dont wanna be rude but why does it matter where he brought it from? As long as he didnt steal it?

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM
4 moms liked this

Mine is from walmart. I unknowingly picked it out. I love it.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'd only be mad because I don't think I'd be able to wear it. Walmart tends to have cheaper metals in their jewelry, and it's common that it'll discolor your skin. So I wouldn't be able to wear it, and I really like having that symbol to wear. It doesn't really have to do with WHERE he got it. If it were a good quality ring, it wouldn't make any difference to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Yes, but for a different reason.  I did not want a diamond engagement ring,  I did not want something that looked generic and mass produced.

I wanted a colored gemstone ring and it's exactly what I got.  A beautiful 3 carat Aquamarine Stone. 

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM
5 moms liked this

You are wrong. What does it matter if it came out of a 25 cent machine? This man wants to spend the rest of his life with you and your upset over a hunk of rock and metal? My wedding band came from Walmart; where it came from means little, the sentiment means everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)