Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE! Im so angry at my 7 year ond daughter. What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 44 Replies

I kept bugging her until she told me why she faked being sick. She said its because she was tired and missed me.
She's going to make a great addition to the drama club in high school...

Took my daughter to school this morning at 7:50. Get a call about 9:15 from the nurse saying Jenessa doesn't feel good. I pick her up and she looks like she's not feeling well. We get home and she snuggles herself on the couch for a bit. She is now up and running around. She's feeling fine and I know it. I asked her if she's still feeling sick and all of a sudden she's acting like she's not feeling well. I told her she has to get in bed and lay in bed for the rest of the day. Now she's trying to fight with me about it. She's currently in her room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM
9 moms liked this
When we tried that, house rules stated we stayed in bed, there was no playing, no tv, just rest and water with chicken noodle soup for food, because if we were too sick formschool, we were too sick for playing or tv.
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM
That's what she's doing now. She's in bed. Im so mad because she's never done this before.

Quoting Anonymous:

When we tried that, house rules stated we stayed in bed, there was no playing, no tv, just rest and water with chicken noodle soup for food, because if we were too sick formschool, we were too sick for playing or tv.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM

When my girls do that they get extra chores. No tv. No toys.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Getting out of a test perhaps?

Thewife06
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:06 PM

When I was sick, I went home, curled up in bed, turned on my favorite movie and then slept until the next day....

Byrd15
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Every kids pulls it once....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Jessica198027
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

She should stay in bed all day, but maybe u should ask her why she is faking sick. There may be a deeper reason as to y she does not want to be at school, something maybe going on with kids picking on her. I would find the reason and then go from there.

xanthian41691
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Eh, I think all kids will try to fake sick at least once, I think shes testing how you'll handle it and if you treat her like she's sick and make her not have any fun (keeping her in bed, water only, light food, no playing, etc) then she'll learn it's not worth it. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Already did that and she said her tummy hurt and she was tired.

Quoting Jessica198027:

She should stay in bed all day, but maybe u should ask her why she is faking sick. There may be a deeper reason as to y she does not want to be at school, something maybe going on with kids picking on her. I would find the reason and then go from there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragdoll13
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Just make it terrible to play sick.  Make a good dinner/lunch for you  but only allow her plain soup and cracker.  Water only for drinking, no tv no radio, no video games, no board games.   She can read, but everything else is a no no.  The bed or the bathroom are the only places for sick people.    My dad had to set these strict rules with all 4 of my lil brothers.   Afetr a day or two of this, the fake sicknesses went way down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)