Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you keep your child out of school? ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

So here is the scenario...

My friends 6th grader was in the lunch room.  As he was walking he tripped and fell and his lunch went all over some kids legs and shoes.  That kid got up and proceeded to kick the ever living shit out of my friends son.  Broke several ribs and basically messed him up.  My friend pressed charges and the boy was arrested and expelled.  Now some of HIS friends made threats to my friends son.  The school is asking them to keep him home and place him on homebound schooling.

Would you agree?

The school is dealing with the bullies.  It is an ongoing investigation.  Several kids have been suspended and expelled.  But the school wants to be sure that they have everything in order before bringing the kid back to school.  Apparently there were a lot of kids making threats.  This morning the principal found the boy's locker defaced.  Apparently they were having an assembly this morning to address the entire school on this issue.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Not before I caused a shit storm with the school district!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Yes, I think I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting outtamymynd:

Not before I caused a shit storm with the school district!

Insulin is not a cure, it's life support.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Wow, why aren't they punishing the kids who threatened your friends child? Not sure what I'd do. Other than talk with the principle and if he won't do anything about the threats, maybe call the police for "terroristic threatening".

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I'd be livid about it - but the child's safety comes first so I'd probably keep him home. I would constantly be on the school's ass though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

why does the victim have to stay home? Why are the ones threatening to kill him not being kicked out of school or kept home?

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

That's a tough call. As a parent, you always want to protect your child to the best of your ability, but keeping him on homebound schooling seems like caving to the threats of bullies and "letting them win." I'd probably keep him home for a short period of time while going to the school district and parents of those other children every single day until a better arrangement could be reached.

Thewife06
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I'd be raising hell over the school being unable to keep the child safe.  HTF are they not expelled as well for making such threats? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I would sue the school for not keeping my child safe in their environment, and telling me I have to change how my child is schooled because of how bullies in the school are treating him. 

I am not a sue-happy person. I think most lawsuits are frivolous crap. But in this case? The school board has no right to tell a child they won't educate him in a school setting because they have bullies in the school. It sets a bad precident that bullies are fine being in school, and their victims are not. 

It's pandering to the bullies, plain and simple. I would probably start off trying to get a restraining order against the kids giving out the threats. That would effectively change how close they are allowed during the school hours. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM
First I would be questioning why the kids threnting him are not being delt with. Second I would be talking to the police about the threats and last for his safety yes I would keep him home if need be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)