Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My fiancé said his office Christmas party isn't allowing spouses or guests...how do I find out if he is lying or not?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Replies (111-120):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Saves money. They don't have to provide food for extra ppl.

Quoting samanthastaatss:

Why wouldn't they? That's a bit strange.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM

My husband, just wouldn't go.

mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I don't think it's completey shady. My office is having a christmas party, and spouses/guests are not invited. Employers are not required to provide a party for your spouses or for you that matter.

Quoting twinmommy27:

Shady for sure!

moneysaver6
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.  Sounds like this is one fiance who shouldn't turn into a husband...at least not your husband.  Either he's not trust-worthy in which case you wouldn't want to marry him or you're a bit paranoid in which case he wouldn't want to marry you.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't trust him enough to believe what he is saying...Why are you marrying him?

Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM

My Df's work holiday party is usually for employees and 1 guest each.  They like to thank us for supporting our SO's who work for them and put up with them occasionally travelling for work.  They do it at a local restaurant and there is amazing food.  They probably aren't even having one this year because they have so few employees.  

I would just check with him by saying something like "So the party is at 6 on Friday?  I have a sitter lined up for the kids."  And see what he says.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM
A company my husband used to work for did that. It really wasn't a big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I think the fact that you are questioning your fiance about something like this is a bigger issue than whether or not his office is allowing guests for the Christmas party.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yes!

I don't understand all these responses automatically saying that it's shady and he's lying.  It's common practice - especially if it's at a nice place.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's actually pretty common practice if the company is paying for food.

just_hc
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My office party is employees only.  I'd be pissed if my husband called my office and asked.   My Mother's office party is employees only.  

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Your not friends with any of his co workers wives?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)