Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My fiancé said his office Christmas party isn't allowing spouses or guests...how do I find out if he is lying or not?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Replies (121-130):
moneysaver6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

"Don't no office do that girl"?  And it's in all caps...with no punctuation to boot?  Wow. 

Yes, plenty of offices do have that policy.  The bigger issue here, though, is why you wouldn't trust your fiance to be teling you the truth.

I am curious, though.  Exactly how shady IS "f*&*"?  And how exactly do you "hop up to" the phone?  Also, is a "ringle dingle" phone call different from a regular one?  In what way?

Quoting Anonymous:

DON'T NO OFFICE DO THAT GIRL HE IS SHADY AS FUCK YOU BETTER HOP UP TO THE PHONE AND START THAT RINGLE DINGLE PHONE CALL TO THE SECRETARY

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

My husbands employer does not allow guests or spouses either. They use to but stopped due to cost last year.

Jrogillio
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Pahahahahahahahaha

Quoting moneysaver6:

"Don't no office do that girl"?  And it's in all caps...with no punctuation to boot?  Wow. 

Yes, plenty of offices do have that policy.  The bigger issue here, though, is why you wouldn't trust your fiance to be teling you the truth.

I am curious, though.  Exactly how shady IS "f*&*"?  And how exactly do you "hop up to" the phone?  Also, is a "ringle dingle" phone call different from a regular one?  In what way?

Quoting Anonymous:

DON'T NO OFFICE DO THAT GIRL HE IS SHADY AS FUCK YOU BETTER HOP UP TO THE PHONE AND START THAT RINGLE DINGLE PHONE CALL TO THE SECRETARY

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I guess in her case it seems strange

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

It's actually quite common to not allow spouses to attend company parties.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Why wouldn't you believe him? Do not call the office - you will look like a lunatic and so will he.

sassysuie
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Is he saying its only for workers?? I would call and ask just to make sure he isn't lying. If he is lying, I would tell him he can either invite me also or he isn't participating!

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I'm noticing that. Lol

I've just never heard of such a thing. Lol

DH's job is having a huge Christmas party for everyone one night, then the next night, we have to go out for another one for the executives...
:/ truly sucks to be honest. Lol

That's why it sounded "shady" to me, I guess.

Quoting mama2KiraEthan:

I don't think it's completey shady. My office is having a christmas party, and spouses/guests are not invited. Employers are not required to provide a party for your spouses or for you that matter.

Quoting twinmommy27:

Shady for sure!

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Calm down and go somewhere!

She does not have to make a fool of herself its all about how she reacts. She can simply go bringing a dish along. If he is there she can leave without making any scene!!!

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Caught in the act of what?  Making fools out of both of you?  What is wrong with some of you?

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

I would just go if I was you! Yup say nothing and go that night. Nothing like being caught in the act.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Why do you care? Or more to the point, why don't you trust him?

It is pretty common these days. My husband was just complaining about how not only is his work party not allowing spouses, but they are also making it manditory, forcing three of the divisions share the party, and they have to pay a ten dollar party fee.  He is trying to find some way to get out of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
CALL CALL CALL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured