Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My fiancé said his office Christmas party isn't allowing spouses or guests...how do I find out if he is lying or not?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Replies (61-70):
SterlingHeart
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Call and ask using the premise your calling to see if they need him to still bring a gift for the gift exchange LOL

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Is the office party at the office or off site at a restaurant? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM
The last 3 years at my s\os previous job they did not allow guest either and last year it was in a hotel and still no guest. Just call and ask it won't hurt anything
LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Why isnt op answering???? Gaw i hate that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
levansbx
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM
My office Christmas party is a lunch offsite, no spouces/dates. It's a cost savings, so not unreasonable. Can you call the company and find out? Why are you doubting him?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bennett121
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Call or email the boss and say this "Hi Mr. X, My husband has informed me that the company has decided not to have it's usual Christmas party involving the entire family. I can only assume this is due to some financial constraints on the company and have a suggestion to offer. Perhaps a potluck where each family brings a covered dish to contribute would be more of an option. I feel it is imperative that employees feel that the company values them as a person and their families as well. Having the "family" and employee christmas party is a great way to build moral among the employees and a wonderful opportunity for the company to show it cares. I would be more than happy to assist in organizing and making arrangments should you decide to pursue this idea. Thank you for your time, Merry Christmas. " 

You might change it a bit but you get the idea. 

brittany208
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

What everyone else said.

My DH works for his dad's company. I don't yet know if spouses will be going this year (they have in the past, but not every year), but either well, I'll be well-informed :)

Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM
If you have to find out if he's lying you need to figure out why your engaged to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Samantha_McKay
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

My DHs office doesn't do a regular party. The have a company party, and they allow 1 guest/date per person. But for the type of event they throw it would be odd if they didn't. They throw a large gala every year and several hundred people gather together at one of the smithsonian museums (where all the displays are open for viewing) for catered dinner and open bar.

Does he work for a smaller company or something that cannot afford to throw a party for extra people? Lots of places are looking for ways to cut back on their expenses these days. Maybe this was one of their cuts? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM
My hubbys job doesnt allow anyone but employees. But when i was dating another it was an adult only christmas party in a classy classy joint it was fun and i was undre dressed! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)