Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just spanked my child:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Please help!  I hate the thought of spanking and I swore i would never do it, but my 3 year old daughter made me sooo mad today I spanked her butt.  Then I cried cause I felt so awful.  I do counting & timeouts, but she laughs at me when  put her on time out and she will bite, kick, scratch, etc on the way to time out.  I don't know what else to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chalisa0
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM

What happened when you spanked her?  Did she then behave?  I'm not an advocate of spanking, but if you've tried everything else and she is still out of control, then maybe it's worth it???

iamfree
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Is there anyway to ignore her and let her cry it out (when she throws a tantrum?) that is what I had to do when my kids were that age. I know that us as parents are supposed to stay calm when they throw a fit, but it was so hard for me to do that so many times I would just break down crying. Just know when a tantrum begins that it will always end and won't last forever. Hope it gets better for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes a spanking is just what they need. Don't beat yourself up about it.

melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Spank that child!  Don't feel bad if nothing else works...

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Nothing wrong with spanking an overly precocious child. Two rules I follow:
I never pop a leg when angry, if I am angry I've waited to long. I could turn a pop into a hit...don't want that.

Second: they can't see you cry after spanking them. They learn manipulation quick if they see you cry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Well I won't advocate spanking in anger. When angry you need to just walk away and calm down. Ask another adult to take over for a few minutes if you can.

Did spanking help? Is it just the biting and scratching that made you angry or something else?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured