Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate being a stepmom because my husband is . . .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

And it's not my stepdaughters fault!

I love her!

She's wonderful, typical 5 year old little girl!

It's my husband and his ex girlfriends fault that I hate this so much, and I'm ready to walk away!

My stepdaughter lies - alot! I know some of this is normal - but most of it is due to the fact that her father, my husband refuses to discipline her. She flat out lied to me the other day and he actually says to me - " I don't want to punish her, because I don't want her to stop coming over" She is 5 years old, she doesn't get a choice on whether she comes over or not. Who's the parent here - you or her. This is only one of many examples of what irritates me to no end dealing with him, dealing with her.He never punishes her, at all. She runs his life every weekend. It's to the point where I take my child and I leave every Sunday for the entire day, because I can't stand seeing my husband's life run by a 5 year old girl.

Then there's the Ex - she's psychotic. and I'm not just saying that. Somehow she construed " Stay out of my business regarding my marriage and my child " to mean " I'm going to kill you ". Are you serious

Then there's his mother. I'm not the Ex, I'm not mom, so I'll never be good enough, no matter how hard I try to please this woman.

Then there's child support! I am all for my husband supporting his child. I expect it and if he didn't, I would never have married him. It's not the child support that pisses me off. It's my husband. He used to make pretty good money. He was laid off and had to take a lower paying job. I managed to make our budget work, and did not expect him to lower child support. Then he got laid off and had to take another lower paying job. He is now bringing home HALF of what he was bringing home when I met him. Again, I do NOT expect him to lower child support - I expect him to get a real fucking job!

I am so sick and tired of being exhausted and broke all of the time. I bring in 3 times the money my husband brings in.

I am really starting to resent him, his mother and his ex and all the shit I deal with being married to him. I love him with everything in me, but I'm ready to throw my hands in the air and give up!

End vent

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

WHOA!  Easy now!!!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You picked him......it has nothing to do with the child, his mother or his ex.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Hugs
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Oh, dear. I don't know how step mothers deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM
In all honesty. I'd probably walk away too. That is way to much to handle and what happens if you have a kid with him. He will be hard on your child but not his other. The MIL will most likely show favoritism as wel. Ive seen it a lot on here.
JZB
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I think you 2 would benefit from counseling
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)