Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it selfish to have more kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Do you ever feel selfish for bringing a child into this fucked up world? Do you have a grim outlook for what things will be like (economy, natural resources, pollution, war, environment, food, health, etc.) when they are adults? And if you have many children to you feel you are contributing to overpopulation? Do you do anything specific to reduce your family's carbon footprint?

No judgements. Just curious. A little deep thinking going on today.. I'm a mom of four and I worry about these things from time to time.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM
That's why I got my tubes tied after #2 . No more.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope

Nope

I had 7 but Nope

I recycle

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM
No. I had twins, and a single baby. I would've just had two children, but sometimes the egg splits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I do think about that.  I only have one daughter, but I am scared of the future, and how cruel some people are in the world.  I fear that she will be hurt by someone one day. I want to protect her, but there are only soo many things a parent can do.  I want to have one more child someday, to give her a sibling.  I think 2 kids is plenty for a family.  I sort of get annoyed when people with limited money keep popping out kids when the parents know they wont be able to help those kids out after high school.  Very sad. 

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I like my life. I don't shelter my kids but I also don't expose them to toxic situations. We have a great family life. We travel often and enjoy lots of things in this world. My kids are educated about the less fortunate and we volunteer and donate too. But I don't feel bad about my 4 kids and would love to have another but we are done.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I do sometimes. I worry about everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Nope. Fuck it all! The world is ending in a couple weeks anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Me too.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I do sometimes. I worry about everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Agreed. I don't think some realize its a lifelong commitment. But even if they do and are prepared, anything can happen and leave any one of us up shit creek without a paddle.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do think about that.  I only have one daughter, but I am scared of the future, and how cruel some people are in the world.  I fear that she will be hurt by someone one day. I want to protect her, but there are only soo many things a parent can do.  I want to have one more child someday, to give her a sibling.  I think 2 kids is plenty for a family.  I sort of get annoyed when people with limited money keep popping out kids when the parents know they wont be able to help those kids out after high school.  Very sad. 

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

No I don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)