Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really broke for the holidays and sort of at a loss for what to get the kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to get little boys ages 6, 7 and 8?  I really don't have a clue what to get them from Santa. We typically get them one thing from us, a couple of clothing items and a Santa present. Plus we shop for my sisters son.
I figure I will buy them the Santa present (if I can come up with the money a coat as well because ds1 lost his heavy jacket at school and it wasnt in the lost and found, and ds2 is getting too big for his and I have mended it too many times. Might have to wait til January for that though.) But I have no idea what to buy.

We have tons of books at home, and thousands of legos and hotwheels cars, a train set, and various action figures. My grandmother bought them what was on their Santa letter list.

I need ideas for things with very few peices that isn't more than $40 each. I only have that much because I sold my double stroller now that they have outgrown it, and a couple other items.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I was just in the crafts section at Walmart and there's kits and stuff there for $10.  Then there's even stuff to paint (magnets, sun catchers, figurines) for less than $5.

Then there's Playdoh, that's always a hit.  I bought these pouches for $1 each and they come with a shape cutter.

I only know this because we're doing a "secret santa" between all of the kids and I had to buy something for three different kids, all under $5, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

i LOVE freecycle... and craigslist. a lot of the years, thats where i got DS's presents. once, someone was able to send him a much wanted guitar for his 4th birthday from wishuponahero.com. 7 years old and he still plays with it. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)