Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are they right about me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

My childhood was beyond fucked up, my dad beat me and my mom was insane...literally. She drowned my pet hamster in the sink and told me that getting my period made me an instant whore. The mental abuse was just so bad and then my mother began allowing her brother to molest me. I snapped, I couldn't handle anything else and I basically went insane myself. I turned wild, using drugs to mask the pain and had numerous suicide attempts. I hung out with a bad crowd and eventually just ran away.

Fast forward to now and for some fucked up reason I still keep my family in my life. Everyone blames me for how my childhood was. I was "bad" and deserved everything that happened to me they say. My father won't put me in his will because he says that the way I acted as a teen influenced his decision. They put me down both for getting married, they put me down each time I got pregnant, and now they're putting me down for getting a new truck. My mother's exact words were: "I hope it's in your name only, don't go ruining this truck like you did your car." I have NO idea what she's talking about. My car is old and the only thing wrong with it is a dirty interior. My dh works with a lot of dirt and oil, the inside of the car is pretty trashed, I'm not going to lie on that. But anyway, it just bothers me that they NEVER have anything nice to say and will forever view me as this terrible person. I DID NOTHING WRONG!! A child isn't "bad," not like what they're saying. No one deserves what they did to me, I don't understand why they think that I'm responsible for the abuse they gave me. What's even more fucked up is that sometimes I wonder if they're right and it causes arguments between my dh and I. He wants me to stand up to them and I know that they're fucked up in the head, it won't ever do any good.

You all are brutally honest, do you think my family has a point?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM
7 moms liked this

Your family is toxic as FUCK and the best thing you can do is cut them all out of your life.

mom2hadley
by Heather on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Your family sounds toxic! If I were you I would be cutting them out of your life.
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

No. They don't have a point. They were and still are wrong.
I feel really awful for you. You should get some counseling. Obviously they messed up your mind so badly that you truly believe you are a bad person.
You probably should cut ties with them too.

jujubear1
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I'd see them as little as possible if I were you.  Sounds like they are poison to you and you don't need it.

bunnywzrd
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

This. Good luck momma

Quoting randi1978:

Your family is toxic as FUCK and the best thing you can do is cut them all out of your life.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM
This and I'm sorry hunny *hugs*

Quoting randi1978:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Quoting randi1978:

Bingo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Your family is fucking insane! Drop them out of your life and I guarantee you will feel a million times better as soon as you do.

devastatedhurt
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Honey, if you only knew how much Jesus loves you. He can help you in this. Restore your mind. Give you a new start. None if that is your fault. But he can help you let go and forgive
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Listen to DH, I think your family is FUBAR
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured