Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe it..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
The weather is great. I open all the windows and both the front and back door. I tidy up and start cooking dinner. My dad drops by to say hello. No big deal. Turn the stove off and sit outside talking to him. Then my next door neighbor land lady walks out from my back yard holding a cracked red plastic cup with my pen and my sons ball in the cup. She starts asking me about the rent. It's due tomorrow. She will get it tomorrow.

I don't think she should have come over while I have company to ask me about the rent. It's not late. Now my dad knows my financial situations and I often talk to him about things before I spend money, that still doesn't give her the right to come over when I have company to ask me about the rent. I also am a little peeved because she's just walking around my house while Im inside with the windows open.

The cup was from the kids yesturday playing outside.

She asked me if she was going to receive a money order or cash this month? We already discussed all of this with her two weeks ago. She's driving me crazy...

Yesturday she unhooked my garden hose from the pipe and duck taped the insulation which completely covered it. Then told me we can't use the hose until after winter. Grr. Just Grr.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM
€_€
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Legally your landlord can't just show up and access the property. Also, unless she plans on doing some repairs which need to occur with in a reasonable amt of time better go remove that tape.

I would e-mail her to follow up on it all:
1. In the future you would appreciate [whatever your lease or local law mandates] amt of notice for visits to the property
2. A an explanation as to why the water hose is inaccessible for the winter (with picture).

Have a written account of things so that if anything takes a bad turn later down the line you have something to reference.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a bored old woman who wants to collect money but still have full control over the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I can't stand crazy landlords.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Indeed

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Sounds like a bored old woman who wants to collect money but still have full control over the house
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I'm ready to pack up and move right now.

Quoting littlesippycup:

I can't stand crazy landlords.

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM

she just went inside you house without being let in? She can not do that! She still nee permission to enter the place you rent form her. I would talk to her about it, I would tell her as well taht she can not come and talk about you privat finaces whenever she thinks its ok since it was not even late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I can't wait until dh gets home from work so that We can discuss this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Legally your landlord can't just show up and access the property. Also, unless she plans on doing some repairs which need to occur with in a reasonable amt of time better go remove that tape.

I would e-mail her to follow up on it all:

1. In the future you would appreciate [whatever your lease or local law mandates] amt of notice for visits to the property

2. A an explanation as to why the water hose is inaccessible for the winter (with picture).

Have a written account of things so that if anything takes a bad turn later down the line you have something to reference.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)