Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*final update*just called and talked to the mom*blood in baby's diaper**TMI**update 1**update 2***update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Final update:
The baby was released from the hospital today so yay!! The test results hasn't come back yet but the doctors are pretty sure it is salmonella, and they said they will call her as soon as the test comes in, but the baby was healthy enough today to be released. She is eating and drinking on her own now. The mom has to be very careful when changing her diaper because it is very contagious so she has to wash her hands thoroughly after each change which she does anyways, but other then that the baby is doing awesome!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers and support :-)

Just called and talked to the mom.. the father did make it up there which is good.. they didn't see anything from the tests they took from her diaper... but the test for the salmonella hasn't come back yet. That takes 48-72 hours for that test to come back and it hasn't been that long... it hasn't even been 24 hours yet since she even was admitted into the first hospital. They are still waiting on that test. They are also considering that it could just be a very bad virus that really messed up her insides but right now they can't be sure of anything until the salmonella test comes back... and they are not so sure now they are releasing them tomorrow either. The doctor just said she isn't making any promises, but according to the mother her baby does seem to be doing much better so I am pretty sure we are in the clear to say she is going to make it :-)

But I will definately update as soon as the test come back and let you know what the doctor says, and thanks again for all of your support... you all just don't know how much your support and prayers mean to them :-) thanks again!

There is more update:
She just text: the sample from her diaper came back and they didn't find anything in there which is good, but she is still refusing to drink or eat and the doctors are still concerned and so they can't take her off of her iv. The bleeding did stop but she still has diarhea. Right now they don't know what is going on. I am about to log off and call her now

Another Big update:
The baby is going to be fine. The got her bleeding to stop and she is starting to poop a little brown now which is good, and I could hear her talking in the background. They are talking about releasing her tomorrow. Although the test hasn't come back yet, they believe she have salmanella poisoning which is easily curable with anitbiotics...

Thank you ladies for all the encouragement and prayers..you all were awesome except that one lady but we will ignor her... but thank you and we all appreciate everything kind word, prayer and encouragement that was said last night and today.. I am so happy that this little girl is going to be okay. The father is on his way up there but she sounds like a normal happy 18 month old on the phone today :-) she is back to herself and she is doing great right now. She is even eating yogurt, and they couldn't hardly get her to eat anything except a few fries and crackers for a week.

But thanks again:-) you all were awesome! And I love our mothers pull together like this when another mother and her baby is struggling in the hospital... thanks ladies:-)

They did the xrays and didn't find the battery which is good. The doctors think she has salmanilla, and are keeping her. They are waiting for the test to come back on that to be for sure, but it looks like she will be okay if that is what it is but the doctors seem sure of it.. she was transferred last night to the other hospital so right now they are just waiting...
I will update once the test results come back, but this seems really positive now, and they will be able to treat it if it is that... thanks for all the prayers and support through out this rough ordeal, and the mother appreciates it too. I told her about what you all were saying and it brought her to tears knowing a lot of people were praying for her and her baby and were there... thanks again and I will update as soon as the results come back... I can finally breathe

Update: she just text and said she will call when she wakes up. I text and asked her if everything was alright, and there was no response so I will update later after she calls me back.

Update 2:
It is blood and she had three more diapers filled at the hospital. They are keeping her and transferring her to another hospital. She called her sister up there and she is now crying... I cannot believe this. She said she will call back when they know anything else. She said they haven't done the xrays yet, they are going to wait until they transfer her to the other hospital but they started putting iv's in her arm. I talked to my mom and she is praying and so am I. I want this baby to be okay so bad but since it has been confirmed I don't know especially since the other diapers, and the mother is really scared now, she was before but it is really becoming reality now and I told her she is going to be okay but I don't know :'(

Update1:

I am going to log off now to wait for her call but I will let y'all know something as soon as I hear what is going on...

Just called my friend. She finally made it to the hospital and they said they will bring her back as soon as there is a room available which should be any minute now so hopefully we will know something soon!

My friend came over tonight.. a week ago, she thought her baby swallowed a tiny battery. There were four batteries and one was gone and she looked everywhere so she took her baby to the worst hospital in town and they did an xray and told her that her baby didn't swallow the battery and sent her own. Soon after that her baby started coming down with what she thought was the stomach bug and she was having diarrhea, but she wasn't acting sick. Well tonight she checked her diaper and it was full. She opened and called me over and asked me if it looked like blood, my first thought was it was something red that she ate... she said she hasn't been really eating.. all she has been able to feed her is french fries and crackers, she did say she had red gatorade and I thought it could be that but she said she's had that before and it has never turned her poop red, and it didn't look like poop, it was really runny and red like blood. It didn't have a smell. When she went to wipe her there was darker chunks that looked like old blood or maybe tissue. It was really disturbing, and that baby screamed. Her poor bottom was so red and look like it was ate up from something. It looked horrible. It made me want to cry and she isn't even my child. She is six months younger then my child. She took her to another er and I am waiting to hear back from her...

Could she still have the battery the the er doctor overlooked?? This would not be their first mistake, they are the worst hospital here and I would never take my children there. My other friend went into labor at 37 weeks at that same hospital and her son had a strong heartbeat and they left her for four hours, they didn't examine her or anything, she ended up with a stillborn because the placenta detached from her uterus but they still could've saved her child I believe and she almost died as well because the doctor and nurses were negligent, and there are many more cases like this with the baby and mother could've died from that same hospital which is why I would never go there or take my child there... I would never take my pet there...

But could they have missed the battery?? And could that baby be suffering?? My friend still looked for that batter even after taking her child back home every chance she gets and still have not found it, and it hasn't come out in her diaper either... she did take the diaper with her to the hospital to show the new doctor and hopefully we will know some answers soon
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
You stupid lady, a doctor did a test a week ago and she went in last night since the bleeding started and another doctor confirmed from a different hospital that it wasn't the battery.. her child didn't swallow a battery, you ignorant moron. Can you comprehend anything you read? So you take all five children into the bathroom when you use it?? And so you never sleep?? You are the one stupid and ignorant... man where do cm get these crazy ladies at, cause you definately need to be locked up in a psycho house somewhere cause you are not all there...

And honey I work with cps so no they won't be paying a visit to my house or my friend's house because she is a good mother unlike you... you on the other hand I would pay a visit to and request your children be taken while you have a psych evaluation and recommend you getting help before receiving your children again. That is what I would do

Quoting Elyce225:

You are a grade A fucking moron. No where did I say her children needed to be taken. I said a visit from CPS may wake her up and she might start to watch her baby better. Maybe a parenting class will do though. My little ones are watched all of the time, even when I go to the bathroom. I wouldn't leave a baby alone. A child falling and scrapping their knee is much different than a child swallowing a fucking battery, how can you even compare the two? It amazes me how moronic people can be.

You have a major comprehensive problem going on. I hope it's because you are just emotional right now and you really are not that fucking dumb. You should stop assuming. I know what it's like to see one of your children suffer. I know what it's like to see other children suffer. See how that "ignorant" thing goes (pst, you did not use that word correctly). And you would punch me and hospitalize me? My goodness, maybe CPS needs to pay you a visit too, trash! I would go anon too if I were you, listen to you.

And I don't believe that this happened at all, especially since you are anon. Two Drs just confirmed it as you were writing to me, lol. It's pretty sad that you need attention from a website. Weirdo!

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not perfect, you are an idiot to believe you are perfect and you can protect your children from everything.. do they sleep by themselves? Must not if you keep your eyes on them 24/7. Do you all go to the bathroom together? Must be since your eyes are on them 24/7, and you must not cook cause you can't turn your eyes away just for a split second cause you are the perfect mom remember? Oh and you must not sleep because you keep your eyes on them 24/7. Babies die in their sleep. Did you know that?

You are not perfect and neither is she but I know she is a good mom because I have witnessed it first hand. And it wasn't a battery by the way, the doctor confirmed it so what else do you have to say about this mother who does her best to raise her kids by herself and she does a pretty good job?? And also I doubt any of what you say. Kids get hurt and you can't watch them 24/7... you are the stupidest lady I have ever seen on here and your kids need to be taken from you before they catch what you have. I feel sorry for your kids...

Don't judge someone that you don't even know and appearntly she was watching because she caught it as soon as her sister took them out to play with them. She went to take them away and one was missing. This all happened in a split second but she was there watching her kids and her sister...

You are just inconsiderate and just really ignorant... this child and her mother is suffering right now for something that neither of them did and all you can think about is

blaming the mother and thinking her children should get

taken... she didn't swallow the battery confirmed by another doctor... and since when is it child abuse to accidently swallow a battery?? You are the most ignorant and you need to crawl back under you shell... you have to empathy for other especially a little baby who is struggling right now or the mother who is watching her daughter suffer... God forbid anything like that ever happens to you... it happened to me and that is not an easy place to be. My dd had double pneumonia at 9 months and almost died and that was the scariest and I couldn't imagine someone so coldhearted like you telling me I was a bad parent and needed my kids taken from me, cause if I knew you then I would have punched you down to the ground and you would be hospitalized... you stupid idiot!!!

Quoting Elyce225:

I am the perfect mother for my children. I do my job of keeping them healthy and actually watching them. It's quite easy actually. The mother should be kicking herself right now, it's her fault. In real life? I watch my children, it's simple really. I would feel like the shittiest mother ever if my child ended up in the hospital because they ate a battery while right in front of me. I wouldn't be surprised if CPS gets involved in this. I hope that baby is fine, a battery could do tremendous damage.

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG shut up. I know you are the perfect mother and all, but real moms actaully have things like this happen sometimes. Kids get a hold of stuff. It happens. It's a tiny watch battery. She could have found it and put it in her mouth in a matter of a couple seconds. Shit happens. I'm sure  you and your perfect children live in a safe childproof bubble of happiness, but the rest of us live in the real world where sometimes things happen like this. Lots of kids eat stuff they shouldn't or get a hold of things they shouldn't. Even kids of overprotective, vigilant moms. Go figure. God, I love cafemom and all these perfect moms on here. Makes me wonder what you're like in real life.

Quoting Elyce225:

Obviously she wasn't watching her or this would not have happened. I have 5 children, I know what watching a child is. Not once have any of my children eaten or had the time to put something like a battery in their mouth. It's so serious, as you and that baby's mother is finding out. I'm not saying anything mean. I hope the baby is fine. Like I said, maybe this will be a wake up call for the mother. If the baby grabbed and ate the battery without anyone seeing her do it (her siblings) she was not being watched properly. She didn't catch it or the baby wouldn't be in the hospital right now. Poor little thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was watching her child and her almost six year old and her 9 year old sister. The batteries were small. There were four of them. Her nine year old sister took them out of her halloween costume and was playing with them, and when she realized it, she went to take them and one was missing, they were little and as soon as she suspected her baby had swallowed she took her to the hospital. Since then she has looked for that battery and have not been able to find it, and she has put all batteries including the big ones up high now to where she can't even reach them. She is not a bad mom and she was watching her child...

And if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all because right now this baby is suffering, and is in the hospital, and this is going on right now so this is a very touchy subject... and if you don't know, you can't keep your eyes on your kids 24/7. That is not possible and she did catch it as soon as it happened so I would say she was watching her child

Quoting Elyce225:

I will have the baby in my prayers.

How did the mother not notice her eat a battery though? Hopefully the baby will be fine and this will be a wake up call to your friend to watch her child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Me too! All day I was anxiously waiting for her call cause I was so worried. Although they are still in the hospital, she is getting better and it is treatable. There is no damage done so yay! I was so happy to hear that, and that she is going to be okay :-)

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Woooooooohoooooooo! I have been back and forth looking and checking up to see how the baby was. I am soooo happy that it wasn't a battery. Salmonella isn't something good. But I am glad that the baby is improving!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM
And you don't have to believe it happened, because just because you don't believe it is true, it does not take away the fact that there is a mom and her baby still laying up in that hospital and has been there since last night, and that baby was in pain...

And you are so uneducated that you have to dig for curse words because you don't have a bigger vocabulary to use proper words... my 2 year old has a bigger vocabulary then you do...

But you are very insensitive towards another persons needs and for you to be insensitive towards a baby suffering is despicable. And you are the only one who said anything bad on this whole thread and that really shows what kind of person you are, because this particular site is known for terrible women who just want to start drama but for you to be the only one on this thread and there was a lot of people who responded and I read every last one of them, but you were the only insentive, most terrible person. I don't believe you have your own children, cause if you do I feel sorry for them because they a crazy insensitive mother, and I feel bad if anything ever happens to them smh

Quoting Elyce225:

You are a grade A fucking moron. No where did I say her children needed to be taken. I said a visit from CPS may wake her up and she might start to watch her baby better. Maybe a parenting class will do though. My little ones are watched all of the time, even when I go to the bathroom. I wouldn't leave a baby alone. A child falling and scrapping their knee is much different than a child swallowing a fucking battery, how can you even compare the two? It amazes me how moronic people can be.

You have a major comprehensive problem going on. I hope it's because you are just emotional right now and you really are not that fucking dumb. You should stop assuming. I know what it's like to see one of your children suffer. I know what it's like to see other children suffer. See how that "ignorant" thing goes (pst, you did not use that word correctly). And you would punch me and hospitalize me? My goodness, maybe CPS needs to pay you a visit too, trash! I would go anon too if I were you, listen to you.

And I don't believe that this happened at all, especially since you are anon. Two Drs just confirmed it as you were writing to me, lol. It's pretty sad that you need attention from a website. Weirdo!

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not perfect, you are an idiot to believe you are perfect and you can protect your children from everything.. do they sleep by themselves? Must not if you keep your eyes on them 24/7. Do you all go to the bathroom together? Must be since your eyes are on them 24/7, and you must not cook cause you can't turn your eyes away just for a split second cause you are the perfect mom remember? Oh and you must not sleep because you keep your eyes on them 24/7. Babies die in their sleep. Did you know that?

You are not perfect and neither is she but I know she is a good mom because I have witnessed it first hand. And it wasn't a battery by the way, the doctor confirmed it so what else do you have to say about this mother who does her best to raise her kids by herself and she does a pretty good job?? And also I doubt any of what you say. Kids get hurt and you can't watch them 24/7... you are the stupidest lady I have ever seen on here and your kids need to be taken from you before they catch what you have. I feel sorry for your kids...

Don't judge someone that you don't even know and appearntly she was watching because she caught it as soon as her sister took them out to play with them. She went to take them away and one was missing. This all happened in a split second but she was there watching her kids and her sister...

You are just inconsiderate and just really ignorant... this child and her mother is suffering right now for something that neither of them did and all you can think about is

blaming the mother and thinking her children should get

taken... she didn't swallow the battery confirmed by another doctor... and since when is it child abuse to accidently swallow a battery?? You are the most ignorant and you need to crawl back under you shell... you have to empathy for other especially a little baby who is struggling right now or the mother who is watching her daughter suffer... God forbid anything like that ever happens to you... it happened to me and that is not an easy place to be. My dd had double pneumonia at 9 months and almost died and that was the scariest and I couldn't imagine someone so coldhearted like you telling me I was a bad parent and needed my kids taken from me, cause if I knew you then I would have punched you down to the ground and you would be hospitalized... you stupid idiot!!!

Quoting Elyce225:

I am the perfect mother for my children. I do my job of keeping them healthy and actually watching them. It's quite easy actually. The mother should be kicking herself right now, it's her fault. In real life? I watch my children, it's simple really. I would feel like the shittiest mother ever if my child ended up in the hospital because they ate a battery while right in front of me. I wouldn't be surprised if CPS gets involved in this. I hope that baby is fine, a battery could do tremendous damage.

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG shut up. I know you are the perfect mother and all, but real moms actaully have things like this happen sometimes. Kids get a hold of stuff. It happens. It's a tiny watch battery. She could have found it and put it in her mouth in a matter of a couple seconds. Shit happens. I'm sure  you and your perfect children live in a safe childproof bubble of happiness, but the rest of us live in the real world where sometimes things happen like this. Lots of kids eat stuff they shouldn't or get a hold of things they shouldn't. Even kids of overprotective, vigilant moms. Go figure. God, I love cafemom and all these perfect moms on here. Makes me wonder what you're like in real life.

Quoting Elyce225:

Obviously she wasn't watching her or this would not have happened. I have 5 children, I know what watching a child is. Not once have any of my children eaten or had the time to put something like a battery in their mouth. It's so serious, as you and that baby's mother is finding out. I'm not saying anything mean. I hope the baby is fine. Like I said, maybe this will be a wake up call for the mother. If the baby grabbed and ate the battery without anyone seeing her do it (her siblings) she was not being watched properly. She didn't catch it or the baby wouldn't be in the hospital right now. Poor little thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was watching her child and her almost six year old and her 9 year old sister. The batteries were small. There were four of them. Her nine year old sister took them out of her halloween costume and was playing with them, and when she realized it, she went to take them and one was missing, they were little and as soon as she suspected her baby had swallowed she took her to the hospital. Since then she has looked for that battery and have not been able to find it, and she has put all batteries including the big ones up high now to where she can't even reach them. She is not a bad mom and she was watching her child...

And if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all because right now this baby is suffering, and is in the hospital, and this is going on right now so this is a very touchy subject... and if you don't know, you can't keep your eyes on your kids 24/7. That is not possible and she did catch it as soon as it happened so I would say she was watching her child

Quoting Elyce225:

I will have the baby in my prayers.

How did the mother not notice her eat a battery though? Hopefully the baby will be fine and this will be a wake up call to your friend to watch her child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Yes and they are treating it and is making a remarkable recovery which is awesome!!! :-)

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

They think its salmonella? Well at least it's treatable. Still very serious, but w some heady duty antibiotics there may well be a good recovery :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I met the father once but they are not together, and thanks you are really sweet

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

Oh sweetie, pm me if you want and I'll give you my number. It's a hard time all around. What about dad? Are they together? Do you know him? I knew my friends, but not enough to be comfy to call. They were so on/off they weren't living together at that point :-/. I know you want to know what is going on and are worried sick as well, but you do need to be rested for your babies.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope not because I wouldn't even know how to deal with it myself much more support her in her time of need... I am just really praying that baby is going to be okay. I rarely slept last night and I cried and only imagined what my friend did. I haven't heard from her since 1 last night. I tried calling this morning but figured she is probably sleeping from being awake all night. I don't know what happened after the last update. She said she will call me today so I can get some sleep but I told her to call when ever she heard anything but she hasn't yet and I am so worried. I can't just go up to the hospital because I don't know which one she is at rght now and I still have my two kids. I will take them to my sisters if I need to and go to the hospital. I am just waiting for her to call or answer her phone.

Thanks for the support! It is nice having someone to talk to like you right now

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I got the call about my friends baby When out to dinner w the family. After that call I was speechless. A mutual friend called. I just sat there and stared, phone in my hand still by my ear. Everyone was like whats wrong? DF leaned in close and I said we need to go that baby 'T' had just become a little angel. So we left and I made him stop at my ex husbands house cause my older boy was w him that night. I just squeezed so hard w a blank look. And could only say I love you. Being 8, he's like, come on mom, stop. Typical boy. When I talked to my friend the next day is when the tears came. The pain and agony in her voice. My custody is 50/50 w his dad. But dats aren't set in stone. And she asked me if she could send her older boy up to me for a few days. We live about 6hrs apart. Which of course I said yes. Until I saw her. He only stayed two days before I drove him back down. It was that little boy and that little boy only that kept her head on. There was a lot that happened in those couple of days to bring me to that decision obviously. It felt like I was losing a child of my own. To go to a child's funeral is one of the worst things you'll ever do. And I pray you don't have too :-( I'm sorry I'm not all gumdrops and rainbows, but seeing a friend go thru it. I can't be. I hope and pray its nothing serious, but you all seem pretty sure of it :-( I'm so truly sorry. If there was anything I could do or say........

Quoting Anonymous:

It actually does make since... even though I have known my friend since I was pregnant and she just found out she was 7 years ago, I feel heartbroken for that baby as if she was my own child...I know if she was my own child right now I would be hysterical but right now I feel her pain

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I'm so sorry :-( I'll definitely be praying and keep us all updated.

It's amazing how as mothers just hearing a story like this connects us and emotionally involves us. And you two are similar to me and my friend. I feel invested almost, if that makes sense??? :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes both of us have two daughters. Our kids have a four year age gap from their sibling and both sets of our girls are six months apart.

Mine are the oldest so my baby is six months older then her baby is right now..

And thanks for the prayers...

Yea I may send my kids to my sisters house tomorrow depending on what the doctor says so I can be there for her right now

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

•••Thoughts and prayers for baby and momma.•••

A very close friend just lost a child recently. Our 8yr old boys are only a month apart. And she had another boy 3 mos ago and I'm due w a boy this boy this month. It's funny we never planned that either and met working together. I've since moved and it kills me not to be there for her. At least your friend has you there. Does she have any other children? I know it makes me squeeze my big boy so tight and I have to push around on my stomach to get little man moving to reassure myself :-( go squeeze your daughter and hold her tight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM
That is exactly what I said when she told me :-)

Quoting nickellmomof2:

Oh thank God!  Glad she's going to be okay!

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Salmonella poisoning?  Really?  If she did have it it would take weeks and most likely months for her bowels to get back to normal.  You said they did not start antibiotics yet?  They would have started them in her IV asap so the infection didn't spread into her blood if it was severe.  She would be close to death if she had it so severe.  If it's as mild as you say then they wouldn't treat her with any antibiotics, they would let it run the course...so which one is it?  I have seen Salmonella many many times in toddlers and infants.  If they give a simple case an antibiotic it does not reduce the time of illness. 

You people are so gullible!  Op you have issue for making something like this up.  Fucked up!

Gastromama2007
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I've read thru pages and pages of replies on this thread, and you, my dear, were the only person who was completely cold hearted, and just down right rude.

How does that make you feel?
Do you feel better now that you've trashed somebody's thread over a sick child?
Seriously, you call OP "fucked up" for writing this, when honestly, you should look how "fucked up" you are being.

And you pride yourself on being a great mother, when everything that you've put into this thread is downright insulting.

Smh.

Quoting Elyce225:

Salmonella poisoning?  Really?  If she did have it it would take weeks and most likely months for her bowels to get back to normal.  You said they did not start antibiotics yet?  They would have started them in her IV asap so the infection didn't spread into her blood if it was severe.  She would be close to death if she had it so severe.  If it's as mild as you say then they wouldn't treat her with any antibiotics, they would let it run the course...so which one is it?  I have seen Salmonella many many times in toddlers and infants.  If they give a simple case an antibiotic it does not reduce the time of illness. 

You people are so gullible!  Op you have issue for making something like this up.  Fucked up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I'm a great mother who wouldn't make up a story about a child having salmonella.  That is insane.  If she needs attention she should have said she was going to kill herself like the other 99% of women do on here.  Making a story up about a baby is sick.  At least get the story straight.  

I'm glad I insulting you and others.  If you believe this story you are as stupid as the OP.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I've read thru pages and pages of replies on this thread, and you, my dear, were the only person who was completely cold hearted, and just down right rude.

How does that make you feel?
Do you feel better now that you've trashed somebody's thread over a sick child?
Seriously, you call OP "fucked up" for writing this, when honestly, you should look how "fucked up" you are being.

And you pride yourself on being a great mother, when everything that you've put into this thread is downright insulting.

Smh.

Quoting Elyce225:

Ginnygurl97
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for all you guys!!!!!! It's a weight lifted off me lol!!!!! Do they have any idea how she got it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and they are treating it and is making a remarkable recovery which is awesome!!! :-)

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

They think its salmonella? Well at least it's treatable. Still very serious, but w some heady duty antibiotics there may well be a good recovery :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I met the father once but they are not together, and thanks you are really sweet

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

Oh sweetie, pm me if you want and I'll give you my number. It's a hard time all around. What about dad? Are they together? Do you know him? I knew my friends, but not enough to be comfy to call. They were so on/off they weren't living together at that point :-/. I know you want to know what is going on and are worried sick as well, but you do need to be rested for your babies.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope not because I wouldn't even know how to deal with it myself much more support her in her time of need... I am just really praying that baby is going to be okay. I rarely slept last night and I cried and only imagined what my friend did. I haven't heard from her since 1 last night. I tried calling this morning but figured she is probably sleeping from being awake all night. I don't know what happened after the last update. She said she will call me today so I can get some sleep but I told her to call when ever she heard anything but she hasn't yet and I am so worried. I can't just go up to the hospital because I don't know which one she is at rght now and I still have my two kids. I will take them to my sisters if I need to and go to the hospital. I am just waiting for her to call or answer her phone.

Thanks for the support! It is nice having someone to talk to like you right now

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I got the call about my friends baby When out to dinner w the family. After that call I was speechless. A mutual friend called. I just sat there and stared, phone in my hand still by my ear. Everyone was like whats wrong? DF leaned in close and I said we need to go that baby 'T' had just become a little angel. So we left and I made him stop at my ex husbands house cause my older boy was w him that night. I just squeezed so hard w a blank look. And could only say I love you. Being 8, he's like, come on mom, stop. Typical boy. When I talked to my friend the next day is when the tears came. The pain and agony in her voice. My custody is 50/50 w his dad. But dats aren't set in stone. And she asked me if she could send her older boy up to me for a few days. We live about 6hrs apart. Which of course I said yes. Until I saw her. He only stayed two days before I drove him back down. It was that little boy and that little boy only that kept her head on. There was a lot that happened in those couple of days to bring me to that decision obviously. It felt like I was losing a child of my own. To go to a child's funeral is one of the worst things you'll ever do. And I pray you don't have too :-( I'm sorry I'm not all gumdrops and rainbows, but seeing a friend go thru it. I can't be. I hope and pray its nothing serious, but you all seem pretty sure of it :-( I'm so truly sorry. If there was anything I could do or say........

Quoting Anonymous:

It actually does make since... even though I have known my friend since I was pregnant and she just found out she was 7 years ago, I feel heartbroken for that baby as if she was my own child...I know if she was my own child right now I would be hysterical but right now I feel her pain

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I'm so sorry :-( I'll definitely be praying and keep us all updated.

It's amazing how as mothers just hearing a story like this connects us and emotionally involves us. And you two are similar to me and my friend. I feel invested almost, if that makes sense??? :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes both of us have two daughters. Our kids have a four year age gap from their sibling and both sets of our girls are six months apart.

Mine are the oldest so my baby is six months older then her baby is right now..

And thanks for the prayers...

Yea I may send my kids to my sisters house tomorrow depending on what the doctor says so I can be there for her right now

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

•••Thoughts and prayers for baby and momma.•••

A very close friend just lost a child recently. Our 8yr old boys are only a month apart. And she had another boy 3 mos ago and I'm due w a boy this boy this month. It's funny we never planned that either and met working together. I've since moved and it kills me not to be there for her. At least your friend has you there. Does she have any other children? I know it makes me squeeze my big boy so tight and I have to push around on my stomach to get little man moving to reassure myself :-( go squeeze your daughter and hold her tight.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
So glad she is doing better!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured