Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too soon? *Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Been dating a guy for about a week. He keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. Holy crap! What do you ask for from some one you've only been dating a week? I said thing. He told me that wasn't good enough so I said a $10 dvd. Said that still wasn't good enough. What do I say?

*Edit*
Ladies I do NOT want to scare him off and he is not a creeper. We've known each other for years, casually, started talking and building a friendship over the last few years, and just now started dating. He's a sweetheart of a guy.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

A wii U.

banana-bear
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM
A baby! That'll scare him, for sure ;o)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I am not seeing what is so creepy? If you are dating the guy, a gift is a no brainer. But I only dated one guy and we knew from the beginning that we were going to get married. Maybe I do not have a clear grasp on dating protocol.
MomJenny1
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

A dinner out.  You can plead not having the right thing to wear to avoid going to too nice of a restaurant, or ask to pick the place, both of which so you can have a bit of control over the cost.  Since this is pretty common when dating, you can feel better that not much more money has been spent than otherwise.  Also a benefit that it's not too *personal* for the start of a relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Tell him you want a baby
michiganmom5150
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I have a bf going on 4 months now and I have no idea what to get him! I think he's asking a legitimate question, but tell him you think if you are exchanging gifts it should be something small b/ c the relationship is new.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Haha! I got pregnant by my ex 2 weeks after dating him! So i don't think that's too soon. Tell him what you want lol

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I don't think it's too creepy for a guy you're dating, even though it's new, to want to buy you a nice Christmas gift. He's trying to impress you and show you he's interested in making you happy. I say, either tell him a gift card to a store you like so you can buy a nice dress/blouse/pair of shoes/etc and he can take you out somewhere to wear it to. Or, just tell him to surprise you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

a baby. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I've known him forever, but only just started dating.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you known him?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN