Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too soon? *Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Been dating a guy for about a week. He keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. Holy crap! What do you ask for from some one you've only been dating a week? I said thing. He told me that wasn't good enough so I said a $10 dvd. Said that still wasn't good enough. What do I say?

*Edit*
Ladies I do NOT want to scare him off and he is not a creeper. We've known each other for years, casually, started talking and building a friendship over the last few years, and just now started dating. He's a sweetheart of a guy.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:31 AM
He's not being clingy or a creeper. He just said he likes to get nice things for the girl in his life. He says to give him a list of.things I would never ask my family for. He said he thinks I need to know what it means to be treated well for once.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

nothing creepy creepy clinger dude. Lose my phone number.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Don't want to scare him off.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Tell him a ring. That should scare him off.

If it doesn't...you may want to ask for a shovel and burial plot, "Just in case you ever need it"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I won't see him for the holiday. I'll be out of town and he'll be with his family. He doesn't want me to get him any thing. He just wants to get me some thing nice.

Quoting nerdymom28:

I would tell him flat out that I wouldn't be comfortable exchanging gifts that soon. Hell, I wouldn't even spend the holiday with him. I'd want to be with my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I like that idea!

Quoting MomJenny1:

A dinner out.  You can plead not having the right thing to wear to avoid going to too nice of a restaurant, or ask to pick the place, both of which so you can have a bit of control over the cost.  Since this is pretty common when dating, you can feel better that not much more money has been spent than otherwise.  Also a benefit that it's not too *personal* for the start of a relationship.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Tell him you will be happy with whatever he decides to get you. 

punchnpie
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Prob he really likes you and wants to impress you. Just tell him the truth if you don't want anything or you think the situation is weird tell him. Sucks to start a new relationship "if you want one with him" with a lie.
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Looks like you have a level 5 clingon going on there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivysMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Tell him you don't give gifts so early in a relationship and you'd feel bad not getting him anything in return. If he continues to insist break it off cause that's creepy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Thanks.

Quoting punchnpie:

Prob he really likes you and wants to impress you. Just tell him the truth if you don't want anything or you think the situation is weird tell him. Sucks to start a new relationship "if you want one with him" with a lie.
LivysMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Hey! Maybe he lost a lot of good men out there!

:D

Quoting RMB2011:

Looks like you have a level 5 clingon going on there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured