Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should I say back? Or should I just leave it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
I am pregnant and I got a text from the dad saying I should have had an abortion. I took a screenshot of the text and I posted it on Facebook. I'll add that pic in reply. Anyway a girl who is dating the dads friend commented and said it was unnecessary and childish. I replied and said so was his text. Then she said that it was a private conversation and I shouldn't have posted it because I was butt hurt. And that he was entitled to his opinion.

Really I think she can suck a fat one. I'm most definitely not butt hurt that some loser thinks I should have killed my baby because he doesn't want to take responsibility. I'm not taking the pic down. It might have been a text sent to me but I fell that if he doesn't want something shared then he certainly shouldn't have sent it in a text.

What do I say? Or say nothing?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM
It is slightly childish, but we sometimes say and or do things when we are upset.

Don't stoop to her level by fighting about it. If you want to leave it up, do so.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree it was a childish thing to post. Not that what he said was okay, but the only reason you had to post it, was to make him look bad.... I would just be the bigger person and not respond...
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
4 moms liked this
I would take it down. I wouldn't want people to know this very personal stuff and frankly I wouldn't want to see that on a friends page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Off topic, but I think you live in my area. 417 is the area code around here.
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I honestly see butt hurt alllllll over this post.

mybabybugssmile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Its YOUR wall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I think you should delete it.

Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM
4 moms liked this
I would have done the same thing. Of course, I've been called immature for posting a text message before. If it was truly private, he could have said it to your face with no record of it happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I do agree on some level with her. It was childish. But I don't really care. Lol. Sending someone a text saying they should have aborted a baby is far more childish in my opinion.

Quoting edelweiss23:

It is slightly childish, but we sometimes say and or do things when we are upset.

Don't stoop to her level by fighting about it. If you want to leave it up, do so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)