Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a Facebook filter? (Spin-off)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Who is the victim in this scenario?

Options:

The expectant mother

The deadbeat father

The helpless baby

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

She's pregnant, and they are not together.

He says via text, "You should have had an abortion."  

She copies his message and posts it on her Facebook wall.  

Who gets hurt?  Is she the victim because he is being hurtful?  Is he the victim because a message that was meant to be private between them is now shared with hundreds of people?  Why is no one considering that the poor baby is the victim?  Why is no one saying, "Hey there!  Cut to twenty years from now... What if your kid doesn't want everyone in the world to know that his dad wishes he had been aborted?  What if that makes your kid feel embarrassed or sad?"

My opinion is that if you share things this personal on Facebook, you lack class and maturity.  It is obvious drama-seeking behavior and completely unhealthy.  Has our society really come to this?  Are we really this dependent on Facebook to validate ourselves?  Is nothing sacred anymore?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Bump

beerabitch69
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Oh boy FB drama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM

The woman is just thinking of herself and attention, drama seeking.  She's not caring about her unborn childs future feelings, not caring that she is going to have to somehow go on and have a relationship with the Dad. So what if he didn't want the child? That's his right to the opinion but as she's going ahead despite his thoughts on the matter who's to say he will be a deadbeat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM

You are very right.  It is extremely short-sighted.  She may feel a little better now reading all of the "OMG!"s and "No he didn't!"s.  But in the end, nothing good comes of it.  It's all about instant gratification and validation.

As far as the question of whether or not he will be a deadbeat dad, you never know I guess.  I don't know a lot of classy, stand-up kind of guys who make comments like that.  If I were in her shoes, I would have withdrawn enough that he wouldn't be communicating with me or my child.

Quoting Anonymous:

The woman is just thinking of herself and attention, drama seeking.  She's not caring about her unborn childs future feelings, not caring that she is going to have to somehow go on and have a relationship with the Dad. So what if he didn't want the child? That's his right to the opinion but as she's going ahead despite his thoughts on the matter who's to say he will be a deadbeat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured