Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Natural reaction to rape?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

Ok, I have a friend that was raped, after the rape, she became paranoid about always knowing where the guy was. (She thought he was a friend, and no she didn't report it, she was embaressed and didn't even tell a soul until 4 months later)She stalks his facebook, twitter, and before she leaves she checks them and if he says he has been there she refuses to go. She has even gone as far as to private message girls that show interested in him on his fb and warn them, which has backed fired, and I have at least got her to stop that.  We ran into the guy at the mall and she had a freaked out panic attacked. I am trying to get her to see a shrink, and to tell her not to check on him so much. IDK

Now another friend that was raped by a stranger, said at the trial she couldn't even look at him, to look at the guy made her sick. So she is saying the first friend wasn't raped but is obsessed with the guy and because he isn't interested she is making this story up.

I think people react differently to rape, and that her reaction is natural for HER. And friend B reaction was NORMAL for HER. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Traceyssel
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM

thanks

Quoting Traceyssel:

Bump

MissMissfit
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM
11 moms liked this

Everyone reacts to trauma differently. Your second friend is a bitch. 

wyldebtrfly
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I think people react differently to many things where they are victimized, rape included.

We could all be held hostage in a bank or something and each one of us would react differently, it's just what it is.

That being said, it sounds like friend A should talk to someone. It's not healthy for her to keep going like this. 

anotherhalf
1 mom liked this
I think you are right on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
Makes sense to me. I know a girl who was abused by her neighbor, she never leaves her house unless she knows said neighbor isn't going to be anywhere around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I agree the second one is actually my sisters bf. But I thought that would be complect the op.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I agree with you. People react differently to trauma. I think the other friend isn't being a good friend or person saying that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no set standard for a reaction to rape. Everyone's reaction is there own and is 100% valid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM
This.
Friend A can still report it. I think she should, for her own sake

Quoting MissMissfit:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)