Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Should Be More Sad? *Abortion Related* |UPDATE|

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm not positive that I am pregnant.

However, I have a gut feeling I may be, and after days of freaking out over the fact, I have decided, that if i am, I will be ending the pregnancy.
I have never, ever believed in abortion. I don't have a problem with someone else having one, but for me, it was the biggest no no.

Amazing how life changes your views.

I am aware that adoption is available, but the situation I'm in means that no, it is not an option that I will entertain. I could keep the baby, I'm sure, but no, I refuse that option too. I am aware of the bashing that is coming. Why open your legs if you don't want a baby etc etc, and I'm waiting for it. I already have a 1yr old daughter, who I'm in the middle of a custody battle with her dad over. I also met the love of my life, and as selfish as it sounds; I refuse to fuck it up with him.

I'm not asking for advice, I just needed to get it out. I guess, the only thing I don't understand, is how calm about the whole thing I am. I thought I'd be crying all the time, or freaking out; but really, if I'm pregnant, then it is an abortion, and for some reason I feel no pain about that...

I'm totally and completely not pregnant, thank god for that.

My man said he would have supported me even if I was, but I'm just glad we didn't have to worry about that eventuality.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Wow!!! That's just wrong!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

maybe you should sort your life out before you look for love..and use birth control if you do have a abortion.another option would be adoption there are plenty of couples out there that wish they could have a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Do it right away while its still a mass of cells.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Why would having a baby "fuck it up with him?" If that's the case, he's probably not the guy for your sweat heart. A real man, a good man, would take responsibility for his child. I hope you aren't actually pregnant. And I hope you take better precautions in the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting Borne_Wonky:

Who's baby would it be?

A friends

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Wait...you refuse to fuck it up with him? A baby would fuck it up? I mean, I'm totally pro-choice. Go for it, if that's what you need to do. Doesn't matter what your reasons are to me. 

But is he also pro-choice? Because if his beliefs dictate that life begins at conception, he may see this as you killing his child. That really would fuck it up for you. I also think that if you are pregnant, you should talk to him about it.

It's not his, it's from before we got together. We haven't had sex yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

If I ever had an abortion I'm pretty sure I could walk away from it just fine. It's no different than having a miscarriage if you didn't want the baby. Well, sure it is, but you get what I'm saying. 

Before any crazies quote me, I will not be responding to you. Good day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Why an abortion, you know there is such a thing as adoption and what about your bf? what would he think if you got one and found out that you didn't confide in him? Why murder a child when they weren't the ones being selfish?

The.Hug.Life
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I think you should talk to the friend. Ultimately, the choice is yours and I hope you make the one that's best for you and your children. Be more careful in the future, okay? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Wait...you refuse to fuck it up with him? A baby would fuck it up? I mean, I'm totally pro-choice. Go for it, if that's what you need to do. Doesn't matter what your reasons are to me. 

But is he also pro-choice? Because if his beliefs dictate that life begins at conception, he may see this as you killing his child. That really would fuck it up for you. I also think that if you are pregnant, you should talk to him about it.

It's not his, it's from before we got together. We haven't had sex yet.

Iamlegion
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this

You're not feeling sad because you haven't felt a loss yet. You also haven't determined for sure whether or not you are pregnant.

I am pro choice and pro abortion, by the way. I also had an abortion almost 22 years ago.  I will tell you that I do feel the loss, but I do not regret the decision. 

If you are pregnant, and you do actually decide to go through with an abortion, then you have to be prepared for it, though.  

Although, I have no idea what the experience is now compared to over two decades ago, I am sure it is just as traumatic.  

And there is no sugar coating it- it's traumatic and soul scorching as anything you will ever experience. I can type that bold face capitalized and repeat it three or ten times, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)