Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession. Apparently I am a druggie

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I am getting really irratated with people right now. I am having my gallbaldder out on Thursday and I have been on pain pills for almost 2 months now because my 1st dr and  staff were dumb fucks who couldn't get their heads on right! Took almost a month to get an appointment with them from the ER in the 1st place and then get told that they don't take my insurance a week after the visit. So they sent me to another dr who would take my insurance but I couldn't get an appointment there until the week after Thanksgiving! Well finally got it and now I have my surgery on Thur. BUT>>> on top of all that the people I am around and my family keep making me feel like a FUCKING junkie!! I keep getting told that I am only takin the pills when I want now when I need them! It is pissing me off! The drs only give me like 10 pills each time and I have done good making them last. I only have three till my surgery now. I had a really bad attack the other day and had to take two (they are take 1-2 every 6 hrs as needed for pain so I wasn't taking too much) So yeah that is my rant. Apparently now I am a junkie cuz I am in pain.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

When I went to the ER for kidney stones it took a lot of pain meds to get my pain under control. When I told the RN I was still in severe pain she looked at my husband and said,"I am giving her an awful lot of medication, does she abuse drugs?" I went off on her. I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Same thing here. I get migraines and the only thing I've found that really works is Lortab, yet my asshole doctor keeps pushing goddamn Naproxen at me, although I've told her many times that I have an intolerance to it that makes me throw it up and it doesn't do anything anyways. Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Take the pills as needed. They were prescribed for a reason. Stop telling your family about your meds- it's none of their business at all. 

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Work on not giving a shit what other people think/say. It'll help tremendously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Thanks. I am hoping that once I get it out I will be feeling soooo much better!

Quoting 4kids4tara:

When I went to the ER for kidney stones it took a lot of pain meds to get my pain under control. When I told the RN I was still in severe pain she looked at my husband and said,"I am giving her an awful lot of medication, does she abuse drugs?" I went off on her. I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM

If it was some ass random person like someone on CM calling me a junkie or something I wouldn't care but when my DH and mom tell me that I am addicted it pisses me off a lot

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Work on not giving a shit what other people think/say. It'll help tremendously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:01 AM

They haven't tried anything except Hydrocodone with Acitamenophin (sp?) on me so I am not even sure if anything else works or not

Same thing here. I get migraines and the only thing I've found that really works is Lortab, yet my asshole doctor keeps pushing goddamn Naproxen at me, although I've told her many times that I have an intolerance to it that makes me throw it up and it doesn't do anything anyways. Ugh.

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM

OMG you poor thing! I remember the pain from my gall bladder, like someone stuck a large knief deep in between my shoulder blades and was wiggling it around. *cringe* F putting up with that for a month. I was given morphine, Mmmmmmm and scheduled for surgery 2 days after. So fuck your family in the face, that shit hurts.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Eh I ultimately don't give a shit what my family and/or friends think. If they talk down to me, I see exactly what our relationship is and they become a bit less imporant in my life as a whole.

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)