Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession. Apparently I am a druggie

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am getting really irratated with people right now. I am having my gallbaldder out on Thursday and I have been on pain pills for almost 2 months now because my 1st dr and  staff were dumb fucks who couldn't get their heads on right! Took almost a month to get an appointment with them from the ER in the 1st place and then get told that they don't take my insurance a week after the visit. So they sent me to another dr who would take my insurance but I couldn't get an appointment there until the week after Thanksgiving! Well finally got it and now I have my surgery on Thur. BUT>>> on top of all that the people I am around and my family keep making me feel like a FUCKING junkie!! I keep getting told that I am only takin the pills when I want now when I need them! It is pissing me off! The drs only give me like 10 pills each time and I have done good making them last. I only have three till my surgery now. I had a really bad attack the other day and had to take two (they are take 1-2 every 6 hrs as needed for pain so I wasn't taking too much) So yeah that is my rant. Apparently now I am a junkie cuz I am in pain.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Lol that is EXACTLY how I described the pain to my ER dr. I had to go to the ER 4 times before they even checked for my gallbaldder!!! The 1st 3 drs told me it was acid reflux! I was like WTF?!?! No it isn't I have had that shit my whole life and it has never felt THAT bad!

Quoting Mamabear010:

OMG you poor thing! I remember the pain from my gall bladder, like someone stuck a large knief deep in between my shoulder blades and was wiggling it around. *cringe* F putting up with that for a month. I was given morphine, Mmmmmmm and scheduled for surgery 2 days after. So fuck your family in the face, that shit hurts.

alicia9804
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM

i had the same prob i had a very bad attack and ended up haveing to call 911 when i got to the hospital ( which was a 45 min drive  and the ambulance people just treated me like i was fakeing it) they checked me in and the set me in the waiting room for another hour i was so pissed i was hurtting so bad i had to keep going to the bathroom to throw up when they finally put me in a room they gave me some kind of a drink that was supposed to numb my stomach while they did a drug testafter another 2 hours i finally talked to the doc and he said they were still waiting on the blood work. they never told me when it came in adn the pain got so bad i finally had to yell at the RN to see if i could get something that was actually gonna take the pain away he finally did and next thing i knew the doc said they were gonna do more test mri ex rays ect when i finshed it was long after all that the doc came back in and said that i needed surgery and didnt say who bad it was and when the sergyn came in he was not happy they had kept me in the room so long without pain meds or getting the tests done faster cuase the gal stone i had was almost the same size as my gal bladder and said if it had burst i would have died so it was good i called 911 but it was shitty that they treated me like a druggie who was fakeing it to get meds... i was sent home the same day as the surgery and after only 3 days i had family telling me i needed to stop takeing the meds and start getting out bed and moveing around ( doc said do NOT do anything for 7 days cuase i needed to heal) i was up and doing errands and chores the next day and only took the meds at nite but everyone thought i just laied in bed eating all the pills..... its been a lil over a month and i still have the same pain pills i was given after surgery and i had only gotten like 20-30 and have about 10 i think... i just started ignoring my family when it comes to that

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol that is EXACTLY how I described the pain to my ER dr. I had to go to the ER 4 times before they even checked for my gallbaldder!!! The 1st 3 drs told me it was acid reflux! I was like WTF?!?! No it isn't I have had that shit my whole life and it has never felt THAT bad!

Quoting Mamabear010:

OMG you poor thing! I remember the pain from my gall bladder, like someone stuck a large knief deep in between my shoulder blades and was wiggling it around. *cringe* F putting up with that for a month. I was given morphine, Mmmmmmm and scheduled for surgery 2 days after. So fuck your family in the face, that shit hurts.

I hear misdiagnosis is common for Gall bladders. I guess I was lucky and had good doctors. My friend went, I think, 6 times for a totally of like $15k in ER visits since she didn't have insurance and than her surgery was another $30k... Yeah, so disgusting!

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Quoting alicia9804:

i had the same prob i had a very bad attack and ended up haveing to call 911 when i got to the hospital ( which was a 45 min drive  and the ambulance people just treated me like i was fakeing it) they checked me in and the set me in the waiting room for another hour i was so pissed i was hurtting so bad i had to keep going to the bathroom to throw up when they finally put me in a room they gave me some kind of a drink that was supposed to numb my stomach while they did a drug testafter another 2 hours i finally talked to the doc and he said they were still waiting on the blood work. they never told me when it came in adn the pain got so bad i finally had to yell at the RN to see if i could get something that was actually gonna take the pain away he finally did and next thing i knew the doc said they were gonna do more test mri ex rays ect when i finshed it was long after all that the doc came back in and said that i needed surgery and didnt say who bad it was and when the sergyn came in he was not happy they had kept me in the room so long without pain meds or getting the tests done faster cuase the gal stone i had was almost the same size as my gal bladder and said if it had burst i would have died so it was good i called 911 but it was shitty that they treated me like a druggie who was fakeing it to get meds... i was sent home the same day as the surgery and after only 3 days i had family telling me i needed to stop takeing the meds and start getting out bed and moveing around ( doc said do NOT do anything for 7 days cuase i needed to heal) i was up and doing errands and chores the next day and only took the meds at nite but everyone thought i just laied in bed eating all the pills..... its been a lil over a month and i still have the same pain pills i was given after surgery and i had only gotten like 20-30 and have about 10 i think... i just started ignoring my family when it comes to that

That's about the same for me. Recovery after the surgery is a breeze, especially compared to a C-section. But that unbearable pain of the Gall stones *cringe*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM
I didn't need narcotics for my gall bladder. I had to deal with it my whole pregnancy and then a few months afterwards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

YIKES!!!! I am so sorry Mama! I guess it is cuz mine aren't too bad I didn't get told not to do anything. All they told me was not to life anything over 15 lbs for a week after surgery

Quoting alicia9804:

alicia9804
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Quoting Mamabear010:

Quoting alicia9804:

That's about the same for me. Recovery after the surgery is a breeze, especially compared to a C-section. But that unbearable pain of the Gall stones *cringe*

yea i had 2 c-sections to but the recovery from the surgery was worse for me anyways no one could stay with me the first 48 hours so i had to get up and down the whole tome ( ouch ouch ouch) and take care of my 2 kids lol i ended up opening up one of the cuts cuase i was doing way to much but yea the pain sucks bad and if they havent felt it they dont deserve the right to judge or complain about how we take care of the pain

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Back home the doctors would always treat you like a druggie if you ask for something more the Tylenol.

Now I'm in ND and when I told me doctor I needed something stronger. I thought she would just up the dosage of naproxen. Nope she gave me 40 Vicodin. Yay no pain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:24 AM
Lortabs only work for my migraine

Quoting Anonymous:

Same thing here. I get migraines and the only thing I've found that really works is Lortab, yet my asshole doctor keeps pushing goddamn Naproxen at me, although I've told her many times that I have an intolerance to it that makes me throw it up and it doesn't do anything anyways. Ugh.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alicia9804
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

well the doc said do lay in bed for at least 48 hours ( didnt happen im a single mom and didnt have anyone who could of stayed with me) and then take it very easy the next 5 days and not to lift anything heavier then a galon of milk ( i did manage to do that lol ) i wasnt even supposed to drive for 7 days but i didnt take any pain meds so i could get my errands done ( best not to drive under the influance of anything) it sucked but i am doing sooooooooo much better and thanks :)

Quoting Anonymous:

YIKES!!!! I am so sorry Mama! I guess it is cuz mine aren't too bad I didn't get told not to do anything. All they told me was not to life anything over 15 lbs for a week after surgery

Quoting alicia9804:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)