Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession. Apparently I am a druggie

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am getting really irratated with people right now. I am having my gallbaldder out on Thursday and I have been on pain pills for almost 2 months now because my 1st dr and  staff were dumb fucks who couldn't get their heads on right! Took almost a month to get an appointment with them from the ER in the 1st place and then get told that they don't take my insurance a week after the visit. So they sent me to another dr who would take my insurance but I couldn't get an appointment there until the week after Thanksgiving! Well finally got it and now I have my surgery on Thur. BUT>>> on top of all that the people I am around and my family keep making me feel like a FUCKING junkie!! I keep getting told that I am only takin the pills when I want now when I need them! It is pissing me off! The drs only give me like 10 pills each time and I have done good making them last. I only have three till my surgery now. I had a really bad attack the other day and had to take two (they are take 1-2 every 6 hrs as needed for pain so I wasn't taking too much) So yeah that is my rant. Apparently now I am a junkie cuz I am in pain.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
TattooedMomto4
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Until they have lived with the pain attached to having gall bladder attacks, they need to just be quiet! I cannot even imagine going through attacks for so long while waiting for surgery. I had my first (and last) experience with gall bladder issues last year and spent 4 days in pain  before I ended up in the ER and had to have emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed. They need to get a grip on reality, those attacks freaking hurt!

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Awwwwww, I'm sorry. I had all four of my impacted wisdom teeth pulled this last May after my son was born. I have a VERY high tolerance for pain. For me to even complain about pain it has to be dying type of pain. Hell didn't even need much pain relief during labor/birthing off my two boys.

I was in pain. My teeth kept giving migraines and making me sick. My husband and I told the dental surgeon that I'm a light weight with pain meds, which is true. Half of a perc or vic lays me out, as in dead cold out for hours.

My sperm donor told my grandmother that I was popping a pill every two hours. The script was to take 2 every 4-6 hours as needed. I was taking half of one every threeish hours. They started calling me a pill popper. Well okay, whatever. I'm not, I wasn't abusing them. So I just ignored it. My husband did stand up for me to them all.

Hang in there mama, hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:56 AM
My local ER did the same thing when I went and complained of pain it was the first time I had been in

And when the nurse asked me if I had felt the pain before I said yes but had never came in, but that night I couldn't handle it anymore

She refused to give me the pain Meds because I wasn't acting like I was in pain :/ mind you by the time I got back there I had been up all night and was screaming when they touched me

I got a shot in the ass for the pain/puking! And a lousy ten pills I never got filled, they wouldn't do anything else for me! To this day I still have no damned clue what the hell was going on!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Gal bladder pain is bad but not worthy of C2 narcotics on a scheduled time because the pain passes. Tylenol extra strength would do the job and quit eating fatty foods or foods that irritate it. My whole family has gal bladder problems. Sorry you feel bad:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Don't tell the dumb fucks when you take your pain meds. This shit pisses me off. I suffer from chronic pain and take pain pills daily. I hate how judgmental so many people are because they are ignorant and just out right ass holes. You take your pain pills when you need them and keep it to yourself. It's none of their damn business what you take or when. 

I hope the surgery goes well for you. Just a little nugget of advice for after your surgery..... if people ask what you are taking for the pain, you tell them 800 mg ibuprofen. Do not tell them you are taking anything like Lortab or Percocet. They won't know the difference and if their idiotic minds can accept ibuprophen better then Lortab then let them think it's ibuprophen. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Shut up. You aren't in her body and you don't know what she feels. You also are ignorant about the body and how it works. Her gall attacks could be 100x worse than anything you have ever experienced in your life. You don't know because guess what... You aren't inside her body. You obviously don't know that each person perceives pain differently. HER DOCTOR WROTE IT, THEN SHE FUCKING NEEDS IT. When you have MD behind your name and YOU are HER doctor then you can decide. until then stfu.

Quoting Anonymous:

Gal bladder pain is bad but not worthy of C2 narcotics on a scheduled time because the pain passes. Tylenol extra strength would do the job and quit eating fatty foods or foods that irritate it. My whole family has gal bladder problems. Sorry you feel bad:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:10 AM
You such a fucking loser to come on here and talk to people like that. Get a life. DRUGGIE

Quoting Anonymous:

Shut up. You aren't in her body and you don't know what she feels. You also are ignorant about the body and how it works. Her gall attacks could be 100x worse than anything you have ever experienced in your life. You don't know because guess what... You aren't inside her body. You obviously don't know that each person perceives pain differently. HER DOCTOR WROTE IT, THEN SHE FUCKING NEEDS IT. When you have MD behind your name and YOU are HER doctor then you can decide. until then stfu.

Quoting Anonymous:

AmericanChild82
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Tell your mom to stick a hot knife between her ribs and move it around. See how much of a fucking happy camper she would be. Then put your dh nuts in a vice for a couple months, he'll be singin a different tune damn quick. Unless they've been there, they dont know the debilitating pain that can cause. If they dont change their tune, you have them give me a call.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:19 AM

It took me 6 weeks to get an appointment with a gastrointerologist after my gallstones were discovered and then I went through 3 surgeons until the last one decided to book my surgery. By that time it'd been 4 months since I was diagnosed with stones and I'd lost 80 pounds.

I was accused of having an eating disorder and being addicted to Vicodin and Valium by the first gastro doc. Ha! That doc was a quack anyways.The only time I could eat (soup and Subway only with water) was after taking a Vicodin or Valium and then that stopped working so I had to get a Cannabis card.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am getting really irratated with people right now. I am having my gallbaldder out on Thursday and I have been on pain pills for almost 2 months now because my 1st dr and  staff were dumb fucks who couldn't get their heads on right! Took almost a month to get an appointment with them from the ER in the 1st place and then get told that they don't take my insurance a week after the visit. So they sent me to another dr who would take my insurance but I couldn't get an appointment there until the week after Thanksgiving! Well finally got it and now I have my surgery on Thur. BUT>>> on top of all that the people I am around and my family keep making me feel like a FUCKING junkie!! I keep getting told that I am only takin the pills when I want now when I need them! It is pissing me off! The drs only give me like 10 pills each time and I have done good making them last. I only have three till my surgery now. I had a really bad attack the other day and had to take two (they are take 1-2 every 6 hrs as needed for pain so I wasn't taking too much) So yeah that is my rant. Apparently now I am a junkie cuz I am in pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:23 AM
Omg gallbladder pain is the WORST!!! I thought I was dien seriously I delivered two babies without anything for pain but when I had a gallbladder attack I would be in the fetal position crying!

I had sugery last year the recovery sucked and I took every last pain pill the Dr prescribed me I feel a billion times better now & have a ton more energy after having it removed!
I did controlle the pain for about 6mns before getting it removed by not eating fatty foods & red meats.

Only you can say how bad your pain is, and if you don't have to be in pain then why would you. Good luck with your surgery OP.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN