Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moving to Scotland.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Well I told my DH that I agreed with him and that we should stay here.  He is thrilled and if he keeps this up I am going to have another kid soon LOL.  I haven't seen him this happy in so long.  When I first told him no he looked so sad.  Now that we are no longer guests we have to help out with the chores I was up getting the cows milked this morning.  There are 4 of them OMG that is a lot of work and my hands hurt.  I will get used to this I am sure.  They are taking me shopping for clothes and stuff for our house today and tonight I am supposed to cook supper for 15 people I have no idea what I am going to cook. (meals are served in the big main house and the families and smaller houses)    My husband is out getting the sheep out to pasture with his brothers, my FIL and nephews are out doing the same with the cattle.  There is plenty of work to do for every one.  I think I am going to make a chicken pot pie ( oh dear God please tell me I don't have to kill the poor thing by myself), Mutton stew over tatties (mashed potatoes) and Bannocks.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this

As soon as I get a camera!

Quoting Fields456:

So awesome congrats. Keep us posted and post pictures so I can live vicariously through u lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We will be applying for them in a few days.

Quoting Fields456:

That is so awesome! I am so excited for y'all. Can I come visit ? My cousins husband is from Scotland his family is so amazing! I got to see them everytime one of her 6 sisters got married. And I won't get to see them again ( that I know of ) until their brother get married ( whenever that will be). One day I will visit them

Do your kids have dual citizenship

little.worthen
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap. I wish I lived in the UK so bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Will your children go to school or help on the land?

What is the school systems like in Scotland?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Most likely home schooled like the rest of the kids here.  They are 1 and 3 so I have a while LOL.  SIL is a teacher but since there are so many kids in the family she just teaches them here. 

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Will your children go to school or help on the land?

What is the school systems like in Scotland?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM

It is off to town we go!  Oh I found out that there is already chicken in the freezer so I don't have to go kill one. 

abbie.alder
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Awesome! Thats good you guys found your happy place :)
eykelley
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:00 AM
That's exciting!! Dh's cousin lives in Germany and is begging us to visit. I would love to!!
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:59 AM

pics!!!! So jealous. I'd love to visit one day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)