Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL hates me because I wear a size 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

My husband has 3 sisters. We will call them J, A and M. J and I are pretty close, over the last couple of years we each lost over 60 pounds. A, who has been skinny most of her life gained 20 pounds and when she seen that we had lost so much weight, she started dieting as well. Ever since J and I lost that weight, A has just been really mean to us. J and I will be talking, saying things like how we get checked out now and A will pipe up and say, "Why would anyone check you guys out?"

M is getting married and we all went dress shopping. M picked out a dress for us all to try on... there was a 2, 4, 6 and 8 for us to try on. A and I are pretty close to the same size so she took the 4 thinking that it was going to fit her, J took the 8 because she is super busty so that left me the 2 and 6 to try on. I took them both in the dressing room with me to try on because I really didn't know what size I wore anymore.

I was in the dressing room and I thought, "heck! Why not just try on the 2 and see if it fits"...besides... the 6 had a rip in it. So I tried it on and IT FIT and I didn't even struggle getting the zipper zipped!!! :D I was so excited, I had a mini celebration. LOL 

We all come out, J's fits her almost perfectly. A's was too tight and she kept complaining to me about it... asking me if she could try mine on and saying that I should try on J's... thinking that I was wearing the 6. I told her that it was in my dressing room so if she wanted to, she could go try it on. She gasped and gave me a nasty look then stomped off to go get the size 6.

She comes back and the size 6 fits her better but she is SO angry with me. She keeps telling me that I need to try on a bigger size... I told her that I didn't see the point in trying on a bigger size when the 2 fits me. The only thing that I would need altered was the length since I am short.. She was pissed!

Ever since that day, she has been treating me even worse than before. I guess I don't see why that would/should upset someone SO much.. Do you?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Skinny hoar!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
I've been a size 1 since middle school, even after 3 kids. All my sil's get so butt hurt about it. They joke around and call me anorexic... they say they are just joking but they make jokes like that all the time.
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
I have no idea why she'd be upset. I'm happy for you. Awesome work! :)
abbie.alder
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Jealous insecure little girl. Ignore her nastiness :)
MamaHens3
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That her issue, really she is holding those feelings for a size 2?? I'm small, I'm 5'5 and could wear a size 2 depending on what it is. I get comments about being small, by friends though or family. Its nothing harsh, or omg I hate you. I'm naturally small, I had four kids and at most was bigger then I ever have been due to pregnancy only. I do have an ass, so I get comments about my ass lol. My BFF is a short, full figured female and she has never treated me badly due to me smaller. Nor have I her, I don't see people as weight or things like that physical appearance.

She needs to grow up, and yay on losing weight when you felt you needed to. She is still a size 6, really thats a good size still and if she can't be happy for that. For you on your loss, that's on her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM

I was a size 1 all through high school up until I got pregnant with my first...and then came my second. I got all the way up to a 14! I was so unhappy about my weight, I busted my butt for a little over a year to get down to where I am now. I'm not doing this as a competition, I'm doing this to be happy with myself and it has nothing to do with her... I think it is just dumb!

I also got comments about being anorexic...I feel like they are no different from fat jokes...and I've been at both ends...fat and skinny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been a size 1 since middle school, even after 3 kids. All my sil's get so butt hurt about it. They joke around and call me anorexic... they say they are just joking but they make jokes like that all the time.

NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Rock on!!!!! great job losing weight, if I was a size 2 , I would throw a party
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, it is just like fat jokes... it hurts both ways.
And I think It's awesome you are the size you want to be: )

Quoting Anonymous:

I was a size 1 all through high school up until I got pregnant with my first...and then came my second. I got all the way up to a 14! I was so unhappy about my weight, I busted my butt for a little over a year to get down to where I am now. I'm not doing this as a competition, I'm doing this to be happy with myself and it has nothing to do with her... I think it is just dumb!

I also got comments about being anorexic...I feel like they are no different from fat jokes...and I've been at both ends...fat and skinny.

Quoting Anonymous:

MamaHens3
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:34 AM

I agree, fat jokes are not funny and skinny jokes are as bad. 

I eat like a monster most the time, I'm just active and have a high metabilism. Right after I had my kids, I lost weight fairly fast and got comments from that. My man when he wants to poke fun at me, and I'm talking about wanting to gain a little bit of weight. Will say yeah you do, and I jokingly gasp since I know he's not too serious. He met me when I was prego, at my heaviest at the end lol and I am sure he appreciates me smaller normal lol. He made comments about my swelled ankles when prego, and or saw me as I got bigger telling me. Honesty, a good thing and same time if at the wrong moment BAD thing lol. Got to love him though, and why I was attracted to him. My xdh was a lair, hid things and that did no one any good. 

jakesmom323
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
She's obviously jealous. Tell her to suck it. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)