Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL hates me because I wear a size 2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband has 3 sisters. We will call them J, A and M. J and I are pretty close, over the last couple of years we each lost over 60 pounds. A, who has been skinny most of her life gained 20 pounds and when she seen that we had lost so much weight, she started dieting as well. Ever since J and I lost that weight, A has just been really mean to us. J and I will be talking, saying things like how we get checked out now and A will pipe up and say, "Why would anyone check you guys out?"

M is getting married and we all went dress shopping. M picked out a dress for us all to try on... there was a 2, 4, 6 and 8 for us to try on. A and I are pretty close to the same size so she took the 4 thinking that it was going to fit her, J took the 8 because she is super busty so that left me the 2 and 6 to try on. I took them both in the dressing room with me to try on because I really didn't know what size I wore anymore.

I was in the dressing room and I thought, "heck! Why not just try on the 2 and see if it fits"...besides... the 6 had a rip in it. So I tried it on and IT FIT and I didn't even struggle getting the zipper zipped!!! :D I was so excited, I had a mini celebration. LOL 

We all come out, J's fits her almost perfectly. A's was too tight and she kept complaining to me about it... asking me if she could try mine on and saying that I should try on J's... thinking that I was wearing the 6. I told her that it was in my dressing room so if she wanted to, she could go try it on. She gasped and gave me a nasty look then stomped off to go get the size 6.

She comes back and the size 6 fits her better but she is SO angry with me. She keeps telling me that I need to try on a bigger size... I told her that I didn't see the point in trying on a bigger size when the 2 fits me. The only thing that I would need altered was the length since I am short.. She was pissed!

Ever since that day, she has been treating me even worse than before. I guess I don't see why that would/should upset someone SO much.. Do you?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Replies (31-36):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

thats all shallow and lame - what are the ages - of you and the sils?

gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

What do you mean by "mini celebration" I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.  I'm a size two and people don't hate me for it so I'm just wondering what the actual story might be?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I have a sister who will put me and our other sister down constantly, telling us how much prettier she is than us. No one who has seen the 3 of us together agrees but she will always go out of her way to make herself out to be the pretty one. Your sil is jealous and now that you and her sister are tthin she's not the hot one and that intimidates her. Just ignore her.

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM

That's awesome! Congratulations on loosing the weight!  As they say - let the haters keep on hating! 

And keep it up! Rock that size 2 at the wedding!!  Screw her and her nasty attitude! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM

M is 19, A is 23, J is 29 and I'm 25

Quoting AmaliaD:

thats all shallow and lame - what are the ages - of you and the sils?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I was in the dressing room, by myself, everyone else was clear on the other side of the store. All I did was smile big and clap my hands. We were in a David's bridal, it was packed...no one could hear me and I calmed way down before I came out to meet everyone else.

Quoting gardengirl23:

What do you mean by "mini celebration" I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.  I'm a size two and people don't hate me for it so I'm just wondering what the actual story might be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)