Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ITS CALLED BEING RESPONSIBLE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My ds is 7 weeks old. Since the day he was born my MIL has been begging to take him for a few hours. I finally gave in today and let her take him for a few hours so I could take my dd to the er and not expose him to germs. She took him and older dd who is 5. When i pick him up hes screaming and she tells me hes hungry hes been crying for the past 3 hours to eat but you didnt send formula. Apparently she had dd1 look for the formula in the diaper bag and he said there was none. Instead of calling me and asking me or checking her dam self she let my baby cry. If she would of gotten off her fat ass and checked herself she would of seen a whole can of formula there. Hell even if shed of picked up the phone and called me i could of told her.

I snapped and told her she will NOT be watching him or any of my kids again.  She got pissed about it honestly idc! First of all dd1 knows hes not allowed in the diaper bag and i informed her of that so she deliberately went against my rules just so she didn't have to get up. Second of all she let my baby cry for HOURS because he was hungry! I'm not stupid enough to not pack formula especially since i had no idea how long i would be. im furious right now my poor baby was still sobbing even after he had the bottle in his mouth he was so worked up. I don't even know how she managed to raise 4 healthy kids since she couldn't even handle 5 hours of my baby. I'm still seeing red. Ugh so there's my vent for the day.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
The.Hug.Life
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I wouldn't let her watch him again either. Poor kid. 

I had a hard time letting my mom watch my kids, but she follows my rules and does everything she's supposed to. I'm just the nervous sort. I certainly don't let anyone else watch my kids. 

abbie.alder
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Wow. She would never tend my kids again either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Poor baby:( I can't imagine that if that was me. It's strange of her to let the poor guy starve like that. No way would I let her watch him again.
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Why cant the older one get in the diaper bag?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM

because when him and his sister went in it they decided it would be fun to play in a brand new can of formula.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:33 AM
LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous:

because when him and his sister went in it they decided it would be fun to play in a brand new can of formula.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:45 AM
Awww, poor baby. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

It's a tad funny now but it was beyond infuriating when it happened. My kids know better that's their brother's food and we do not waste food. I think they were acting out because baby gets so much attention.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM
So divide the attention.

My best childhood memories would be on Sundays my mom would take each of us kids out with out the others.

And I got to choose what we did that day.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a tad funny now but it was beyond infuriating when it happened. My kids know better that's their brother's food and we do not waste food. I think they were acting out because baby gets so much attention.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)