Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (131-140):
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I dont find it repulsive at all.
Where I'm from circumcision is not customary, men normally are intact.
It's really not that different.
I did not circumcise because I had no reason to.
I think 14 mo old may be a little old.. It'll be a lot harder for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Oh I know. You can never tell is someone's being sarcastic or not lol

Quoting Hyman:

Oh lol. Seriously you never know :D

Quoting Anonymous:

I was being sarcastic lol

Quoting Hyman:

If you research it's proven that circumcision is actually really painful even with pain meds. Either a liquid which numbs the skin or a shot into the penis - which can also cause other complications.

I'm not an advocate for anti circ but I can tell you a little of what I learned a year ago. I know that the babies are strapped to a board and most go into shock which is why the mom thinks they are actually sleeping. They feel it all.

A urologist I took my son to explained his to me when my husband wanted an opinion about circing him - at 6 mo old. He explained that for him to not feel the pain he would have to be older to be given the pain medications or put to sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do newborns not feel pain? You Learn something new everyday

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya you'll want to have him put to sleep to have it done. My son slept through it but he was 7 days old so he didnt feel it. Older kid will remeber

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You're doing a lot of unnecessary worrying. I would leave him just the way he is. Nowadays it is a lot more common not to circumcise.
AsAlwaysJacKiie
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Uncircumsize penis is pretty ugly. 

Also there are risk of catching a infections easier I would get it done now while he is still young. My son is 2 and I got it down when he was born. The healing process is pretty fast and easy as long as you keep on top of it. Plus you might want to get it done now being that he is still in pampers or pull ups cause he can't mess with it...snce the pull up and or pamper covers him ....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

My husband and his partners will not circumcise because most insurance will not cover it, they label it as a cosmetic procedure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
My husband is cut and so is my son. I like it better that way, i babysat for a lady whos boys were uncut and its gross they couldnt control their pee and it was so gross and unsanitary and the babys was always nasty and had gunk in it.. if your going to keep ur boys uncut at least clean it and teach them how... . If your going to do it, have it cut soon, it will hurt much more when hes older..
azpreemiemom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
A penis is a penis. After seeing pictures of both, I think cut penises look weird, but in would never tell my husband that.
TattoodMommy19
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Thats not true.
With proper hygiene habits and not retracting the foreskin, an uncut penis poses no more risk of infection than a cut one.
What infections are you referring to anyway?

Quoting AsAlwaysJacKiie:

Uncircumsize penis is pretty ugly. 

Also there are risk of catching a infections easier I would get it done now while he is still young. My son is 2 and I got it down when he was born. The healing process is pretty fast and easy as long as you keep on top of it. Plus you might want to get it done now being that he is still in pampers or pull ups cause he can't mess with it...snce the pull up and or pamper covers him ....

SB2217
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I've only been with dh who is circ so I've never seen an uncircumcised penis in person. They do look "weird" when they are soft though but I wouldn't say it's gross or anything. We have 3 girls but if we had a boy he'd be circ like daddy. I asked dh And he said it was a no brainer to have the boy circ. I'd be scared of the surgery and caring for it but I know it'd be better for him in the end.
I honestly can't say what I'd do if he wasn't circ at birth. I've heard if you wait it hurts so I don't know. I'd probably end up doing it to avoid maybe having problems with it in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this
I believe the only person choosing circumcision should the one who owns the penis. I wouldn't worry about someone making fun of him male or female. People who would ridicule someone over foreskin would just as easily pick on someone for a hair cut or a brand of jeans. Cutting off a part of the body to appease future assholes sounds silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)