Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM
3 moms liked this
If you take care of it properly that won't happen. Didnt happen with my son. I used Vaseline and tons of it

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

My husband is uncut. It's not ugly. It's the way it's supposed to look. They're born with foreskin for a reason. My MIL tried to make my husband get circumcised when he was 8 years old. The procedure is painful if not done at birth. You can get it done hut he's not going to like it at all. There's nothing wrong with uncut. Cleaning it is no different. But if you're lazy about cleaning it I wouldn't get the point of having a kid. Beware though. Once it's circumcised it tends to stick to the diaper which healing so he'll cry about that
sturrfryy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM

well every man i've been with has been cut, I don't have anything against it... I just never came accross one until my sons.

Quoting abbie.alder:

My dh is uncut and I love it. If you keep it clean, there are no infections. With a cut penis they may cut to much and make erections painful. There are risks to both, but he's not going to be made fun of. Why is your son's penis the only one you've seen may I ask?

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM
I think cut penises are ugly. I prefer uncut, it's no big difference as long as it's clean. Even if a guy is cut, he can still be dirty.
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't like uncut guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I have seen both and I wasnt bothered or freak out by either. Having your son circd or not circd is a personal choice. We chose to have our son circd. Dh is circd ad happy he was and wanted our son to be. My xbil was circd and pissed about it and my nephew is not circd. My oldest sisters boys are intact but idk if their father is or not. And my Xbf( the one I lost my virginity to) is intact and happy he his Do your research talk to your dh or so and make an informed decision on what to do. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz.Sisk
1 mom liked this
It also depends on how well the baby takes to the procedure. Some children just don't heal properly. But I honestly don't plan to have any future sons circumcised. To me there's really no point. It's all in preference I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you take care of it properly that won't happen. Didnt happen with my son. I used Vaseline and tons of it

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

My husband is uncut. It's not ugly. It's the way it's supposed to look. They're born with foreskin for a reason. My MIL tried to make my husband get circumcised when he was 8 years old. The procedure is painful if not done at birth. You can get it done hut he's not going to like it at all. There's nothing wrong with uncut. Cleaning it is no different. But if you're lazy about cleaning it I wouldn't get the point of having a kid. Beware though. Once it's circumcised it tends to stick to the diaper which healing so he'll cry about that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbie.alder
Oh that makes sense. Yeah we its no big deal so don't worry about it :) he will be happy either way.

Quoting sturrfryy:

well every man i've been with has been cut, I don't have anything against it... I just never came accross one until my sons.

Quoting abbie.alder:

My dh is uncut and I love it. If you keep it clean, there are no infections. With a cut penis they may cut to much and make erections painful. There are risks to both, but he's not going to be made fun of. Why is your son's penis the only one you've seen may I ask?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but apparently its not as common to get it done now so it may not be an issue when he gets older
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It will be extremely painful now. Don't do it.

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I think uncut look gross IMO... But do what's best for you..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN