Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
SOCO101
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I replied to a post a while back on this topic. All I said was dh (served in the Army) said that there was a guy that was not circumcised and he was made fun of. So much that he ended up getting the procedure done when he was in his 20s. I know it's ignorance, but ppl can be cruel. (Don't ask I have no idea what they were so worried about other guys penises for, lol) There's a lot of studies being done that shows that in the future circumcised males will be the odd ones out. Many moms call it mutilation. In my mind if it's mutilation, then piercing a baby's ears would also be. You can say it's different, that piercings heal up. That's not true. Not in all cases. This is what I thought then, it's what I still think. And because of my beliefs one mom had the nerve to tell me I didn't deserve to be a mother, and that she prayed I would never have a little boy. Be warned these moms are very touchy on this subject. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:20 AM
2 moms liked this
The foreskin COMPLETELY retracts when erect. It's no different:-)

-Uncut penis sucker-

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never seen an un cut one before so I might be nervous to see one lol.

My biggest issues is giving a blow job to an un cut penis...

It's pretty much ignorance, but thats just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM
See, ignorance on my part lol. Thanks for the info, that's really good to know. I had no idea: )

Quoting Anonymous:

The foreskin COMPLETELY retracts when erect. It's no different:-)

-Uncut penis sucker-

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never seen an un cut one before so I might be nervous to see one lol.

My biggest issues is giving a blow job to an un cut penis...

It's pretty much ignorance, but thats just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope I don't. Something to think about: 100 boys DIE every year from complications from circumcision.

Quoting sturrfryy:

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM
I don't prefer an uncut... was married to one. But that's just me. I don't, however, think cosmetics are enough if a reason to cut him at this age.

I
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sturrfryy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:24 AM

I knew this would be a touchy subject when I posted it. I am not trying to step on anyones toes. I don't want him to be circumsized because uncut is natural but then again I dont want him to be made fun of or have a girl/boy (whatever his prefrence he may have) to not be with him because of his uncut peepee. I just want him to have a normal life, that's all.

Quoting SOCO101:

I replied to a post a while back on this topic. All I said was dh (served in the Army) said that there was a guy that was not circumcised and he was made fun of. So much that he ended up getting the procedure done when he was in his 20s. I know it's ignorance, but ppl can be cruel. (Don't ask I have no idea what they were so worried about other guys penises for, lol) There's a lot of studies being done that shows that in the future circumcised males will be the odd ones out. Many moms call it mutilation. In my mind if it's mutilation, then piercing a baby's ears would also be. You can say it's different, that piercings heal up. That's not true. Not in all cases. This is what I thought then, it's what I still think. And because of my beliefs one mom had the nerve to tell me I didn't deserve to be a mother, and that she prayed I would never have a little boy. Be warned these moms are very touchy on this subject. 

CafeMom Tickers
haunted.mommy
6 moms liked this

The woman who is right for your son will not be repulsed by a foreskin she will love him and all of him it wont matter to her.  It is becoming less and less common for the procedure to be done because there is no medical reason to have it done.

Unoriginal.

I have no preference on cut v uncut

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Op, I have 3 sons. My oldest son is circumcised. My younger 2 are not. I had originally wanted all of them done, but my younger 2 sons are twins and my insurance had stopped covering the cost of it right before they were born. DH and I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket at that time to get them both done at birth. I wouldn't get a 14 month old cut unless it was absolutely necessary. It is very painful when they are past the newborn infant stage. He would need to be put under for it and should be done by a pedatric urologist at this age. If your doctor does not want to put him out, that is a major red flag warning! My twins are 3 now and yes I would have rather had them cut, but I would never do it to them now that they are older!
Misty319491
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM
5 moms liked this
It used to be standard that boys would get cut, however now that the hospitals don't pay and most insurances don't pay, a lot more boys have the foreskin intact. Think about it, by the time that baby has anyone looking at his penis they would have likely seen or be comfortable with boys being intact. It is only weird to our generation because cutting was the norm. Also when its erect it looks exactly the same....trust me, I didn't even know my bf was uncut until I first saw him flaccid.... and in my opinion all penises are ugly flaccid cut or not lol.

Quoting Nolanzo:

I don't prefer an uncut... was married to one. But that's just me. I don't, however, think cosmetics are enough if a reason to cut him at this age.

I

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured