Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (481-490):
azpreemiemom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
My older son was circumcised and it was painful for him. He screamed so loud when he peed that it alerted the nurses. I knew right away that I had made a mistake.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

I know, right? I can't believe some people think newborns can't feel

Quoting Anonymous:

It will hurt him really really bad right now lol

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
My son did too. Nobody told me that there is more maintenence for a circumcised penis than a few intact penis. My intact son is much easier to care for.

Quoting hello_kitty25:

stupid adhesions! my son gets this constantly, i hate it and wish i never cut him because of it.

Quoting Gmgej:

I have two uncut sons and I think it is their penis their choice, and never had an issue. I have one sun cut and I regret it, I took his choice from him and he had problems with painful adhesions when he was younger.

workingmommy87
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Personally I think it looks horrible and is a bit of a turn off, but I don't think he'll get made fun of. Every woman is different. So talk to his dad and see how you both feel about it.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I know it's a preference. There are men who prefer circ'ed women. Uncut women to them are gross. Kind of puts things in perspective imo.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be with a man that wasn't circ too me it is just gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Uh, its already gonna hurt him really, really badly

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Your opinion is uneducated, and will cause great harm to your son. At least open your mind and research the other side. If anything, real research will just back up your opinion anyways, right?

Oh. No. It won't.

Quoting Ealane2011:

Cool, you can correct grammar. Good for you! I'm entitled to my own opinion. So fuck off :)

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Ealane2011:

DH and I plan to have our boys cut if we have one. I see it effecting their sex life when they get older and DH says its unclean if not take. Care of properly. We're not taking any risks.

God, talk about thinking in the stone age. Oh, I take that back, stone age men were not cut. Change that to thinking like witch doctors cause that's the image you're portraying.

Also.. its affecting, not effecting.

fanci64
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM
There are no medical reasons for doing it so unless its for your religious reasons, which I totally don't understand, don't do it. By the time your son is in the shower room most of the kids his age will not be circumcised. Doctors are performing it less and less everyday.
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

dh is uncut. it was weird at first.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never seen an un cut one before so I might be nervous to see one lol.
My biggest issues is giving a blow job to an un cut penis...
It's pretty much ignorance, but thats just me.

CafeMom Tickers
paganbaby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I'd leave it. In fact I'm told that uncut men feel better. Something to do with the way fore skin rubs during sex.

Hey, he may thank you for it later ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Some of you sound really ignorant. If done to an infant, the skin is ripped away from the head of the penis and the foreskin is sliced or crushed. How is that not painful? Some babies "sleep" through the procedure b/c they are in shock. Then there's the risk of infection and complications are numerous. Maybe the hospital refused to do it b/c they have educated staff who know the dangers and the unnecessary pain the baby must endure. I have 3 grown sons who are intact and they have friends and cousins who are also intact. As for looking "ugly" what the hell does that have to do with anything? This country and it's ignorant population make me sad. BTW, I was born and raised here and I never heard of circumcision until I was 16 years old and I thought the guys who were talking about it were kidding. I never imagined that anyone would cut off a healthy, fuctional part of a baby's body for cosmetic reasons. It's just sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN