Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (501-510):
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you think keeping a child the way they are born is an issue?

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

An uncut penis is not uncommon. It's actually almost 50/50 at this point. It also provides better stimulation and response during sex for both partners. My son is uncut. I've spent a lot of time around naked people, and seen a lot of penises, and being uncirc'd isn't a big deal. 

doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quoting Gabrielle1982:

True, but as far as an uncut boy getting made fun of by the female persuasion, I don't think it's an issue. 

I can't imagine a male/female partner making fun.    If they did then this may  be a poor choice in a psrtner.   :-(

Maybe what is really "gross" here, is altering our healthy children for cosmetic reasons for future sex partners kwim!        :- /            ew

dustinsmom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I still want to know why no one seems to have an issues w/ the fact that you were "doped on on pain meds" right after birth? Were these meds in your bloodstream when you were giving birth? id be more concerned about that than a routine circumcision.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM
If some chick doesnt want my boys because they have their ENTIRE penis, it's HER loss; not my boys'. And that's what i'll teach them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting ImNotKarl:

An uncut penis is not uncommon. It's actually almost 50/50 at this point. It also provides better stimulation and response during sex for both partners. My son is uncut. I've spent a lot of time around naked people, and seen a lot of penises, and being uncirc'd isn't a big deal. 

I believe it's about 15%, meaning most penises are intact.

doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Myth #2: It’s just a little piece of skin, he won’t miss it. 

Fact: The prepuce (foreskin) makes up as much as half of the skin system of the penis.4  It is an extension of the shaft skin that folds over onto itself, completely covering and protecting the glans (an internal organ) and provides the mobility of the shaft skin necessary for frictionless intercourse and masturbation.  The foreskin has three known functions: protective, immunological, and sexual.  It contains about 10,000 highly specialized nerve endings and several feet of blood vessels.  An adult male foreskin, if unfolded and spread out, would be about the size of index card (3 x 5 inches), much more than a “little piece of skin.”  Many sexually active men circumcised in adulthood report a significant decrease in sexual pleasure and comfort because of the loss of sensitive nerve endings, skin mobility and natural lubrication.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

It's not to late grown men can have it done

kblossom20
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Personally, I find an uncircumcised penis repulsive. Most women I know do too, actually. I think a circumcised penis is all around cleaner. It also looks better. I really don't think you should've waited all this time to do it, but just do your research and figure out whats best for you. Good luck. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lady_In_Ink
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Yup.

Quoting azpreemiemom:

My son did too. Nobody told me that there is more maintenence for a circumcised penis than a few intact penis. My intact son is much easier to care for.

Quoting hello_kitty25:

stupid adhesions! my son gets this constantly, i hate it and wish i never cut him because of it.

Quoting Gmgej:

I have two uncut sons and I think it is their penis their choice, and never had an issue. I have one sun cut and I regret it, I took his choice from him and he had problems with painful adhesions when he was younger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN