Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (51-60):
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:34 AM
Youre fine mama :)

I'm half asleep as well and barely functioning lol... laying here in bed next to a snoring dh who I just want to stab for being able to sleep so soundly. Bastard!

;)

Quoting Misty319491:

My bad, I think I quoted you by mistake! my reply was geared towards another poster.... Yeah it seems a bit silly for what I said to be in response to what you said. Sorry!

Quoting Nolanzo:

Yes... I said I was married to an uncut. I know what they look like hard and soft.

I do not prefer the way it looks as I said before. But that is a matter of personal preference for ME. And btw not ALL uncut men's heads completely come out when hard either... I've been with more than one. Again, don't like it but that's just me.

And again, as I said, I do not feel as though cosmetics are reason enough to cut a toddler. I feel newborn or nothing on this subject, barring medical issues obviously.

Quoting Misty319491:

It used to be standard that boys would get cut, however now that the hospitals don't pay and most insurances don't pay, a lot more boys have the foreskin intact. Think about it, by the time that baby has anyone looking at his penis they would have likely seen or be comfortable with boys being intact. It is only weird to our generation because cutting was the norm. Also when its erect it looks exactly the same....trust me, I didn't even know my bf was uncut until I first saw him flaccid.... and in my opinion all penises are ugly flaccid cut or not lol.

Quoting Nolanzo:

I don't prefer an uncut... was married to one. But that's just me. I don't, however, think cosmetics are enough if a reason to cut him at this age.

I

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:06 AM
Yes, cosmetic, and because dad is and he wanted them done. We both just prefer it. My oldest son is 8 and has never even noticed that his brothers are different and they haven't noticed anything different about him. I have never forced their foreskin to retract and they have never had any issues, and my son that is circed has never had any issues.

Quoting sturrfryy:

Not to step on your toes, I'm just asking...
What is the reason you wish they were circumsized?
For cosmetic issues, because thats my issue. I don't want him to get looked down upon because his "peepee" doesn't look like everyone elses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Op, I have 3 sons. My oldest son is circumcised. My younger 2 are not. I had originally wanted all of them done, but my younger 2 sons are twins and my insurance had stopped covering the cost of it right before they were born. DH and I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket at that time to get them both done at birth. I wouldn't get a 14 month old cut unless it was absolutely necessary. It is very painful when they are past the newborn infant stage. He would need to be put under for it and should be done by a pedatric urologist at this age. If your doctor does not want to put him out, that is a major red flag warning! My twins are 3 now and yes I would have rather had them cut, but I would never do it to them now that they are older!

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I think since the circing rates are going down there will be less women
saying they are gross. Imo cut or not penis's are not pretty to begin with..lol

Also everyone is going to have a preference. If u were born in the 80's most boys were circd like I said that number is going down so I really don't think it will be an issue. My son is not cut I didn't see the point in putting him thru pain. Yes there is pain just because they don't remember it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. U must weigh the pros and cons urself but to mean there wasn't enough medical reasons to get it done. My dh is circumcised but he agrees with me that its unnecessary and if some hoochie ass girl got a problem with it she can kick rocks....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
We are one of the only countries that still really practice circing. The US numbers are dropping though, and more people are not cutting. I say if he isn't having issues, leave it be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schatzi869
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My son, my husband, and all the men on my husband's side are intact (uncut) and it is not a problem. You teach him to clean it under the foreskin (do not pull it back until after he's two years old as it can tear). As for him being self-conscious about it, a lot of guys get insecure about their penises anyway. Help him to be a confident, happy person. And if a woman really is that repulsed by an uncut penis then they aren't good enough for him anyway.
schatzi869
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
If a man has good hygiene they do not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uncircumcised penises smell like fish especially when the guy gets sweaty.

Quoting sturrfryy:

why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Get him circumcised ASAP!

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I'm not a fan of an uncut penis-I just think they are gross.  Thankfully my husband is circumcized so it's not an issue.  With that said when my son was born I was not keen on having him done in the hospital so we refused the procedure.  I called the local childrens hospital a few days after we got home and they wouldn't perform the procedure until he was 6 months old and under a general anesthetic.  No thanks.  So I called my gyn and she came to the pediatric ward of one of the hospitals where she delivers and performed the procedure under a general when he was 12 days old.  I'm so glad I had it done now, and so glad I waited also.

In your case though...he's 14 months old and I'd say "if it isn't broke don't fix it"  When he's older if he choses to undego the procedure knowing the risks and benefits then you can have it done but I personally wouldn't now.

Quoting sturrfryy:

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:36 AM
I prefer intact men.
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Um. Really? My husband is cut, and he smells horrible when he comes home from work. Any guy that farts sweaty is going to stink., they have a bank of balls that the dick hangs against. It will stink..

Quoting Anonymous:

Uncircumcised penises smell like fish especially when the guy gets sweaty.

Quoting sturrfryy:

why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Get him circumcised ASAP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

More and more people are not circumcising now, so when your son is old enough for people to notice, he'll be in the majority as an uncut guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)