Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (551-560):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I was with an uncut guy back in the day when most guys were circumcised.  His penis wasn't very large but it felt bigger than it looked.  I don't know if it was because he wasn't circumcised?  Anyway, the sex was pretty good. 

I think it is 50/50 now on the people who get it done so chances are your son will be in good company.  Besides, I thought most boys tried hard NOT to look at each other's wieners. :-D

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I don't think their especially pretty. I've seen them in books not in real life lol. Both of our boys are circed. It's your child and the choice is ultimately up to you. Research the pros and cons and then do what you think is right.
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

It will hurt no matter how old he is. Babies and kids have all the same nerve endings and are likely more sensitive to pain. Whatever you decide, know that, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope you keep him intact (because there is really no medical reason or other reason to cut him and there are benefits to keeping him intact, like no risks of complications and bleeding from surgery, full use of his whole penis and foreskin including all the nerve endings that will increase his sexual pleasure, etc.) but if not, he will need proper pain management afterward. The good news is, he will have anesthetic, whereas if he had been a newborn, he might not have had anything to help with the pain at all.

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yah, unfortunately a lot of men are unhappy that they are circed.     Many even work to restore.

My husband has also had issues with being cut against his will and like many, has to deal with this.   
Imagine how awesome it would be for men & their partners if they had all that great stuff left where it's supposed to be?!
      (*It's there for important reasons!)
:-)

Quoting Bellarose0212:

Myself, I have only had one partner who happens to be circumcised. We have issues with his reduced sex drive which may or may not be related to circumcision. I have a friend who has been with both and she said sex with both was good but she felt it was easier to feel experienced with intact males since they have their own gliding and lubricant, so hand jobs and blow jobs were easier.

I say, let him have all of his nerve endings and lubricants for maximum pleasure for him and his partner.

Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Also, remember to only clean what is seen like a finger and don't retract him forcibly. His foreskin will begin to be retractable around puberty on its own, then he can just pull it back and clean it in the shower. From my understanding, it isn't hard to get teenage boys to mess with their junk in the shower, so cleanliness should not be an issue.

poietes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Honestly at that age I would just leave it be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Doesn't it hurt *more* ?
This is what I have read over the years anyway... 

Quoting Bellarose0212:

It will hurt no matter how old he is. Babies and kids have all the same nerve endings and are likely more sensitive to pain. Whatever you decide, know that, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I hope you keep him intact (because there is really no medical reason or other reason to cut him and there are benefits to keeping him intact, like no risks of complications and bleeding from surgery, full use of his whole penis and foreskin including all the nerve endings that will increase his sexual pleasure, etc.) but if not, he will need proper pain management afterward. The good news is, he will have anesthetic, whereas if he had been a newborn, he might not have had anything to help with the pain at all.

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Myth #7: Circumcision is a simple and painless procedure… it only takes a few minutes.     

Fact:  While circumcision is a relatively quick procedure, it is extremely painful for the infant.  The initial part of the process involves a forced separation of the foreskin, which is fused to the glans (head) in much the same way as a fingernail is joined to the finger.  The AAP says the following about EMLA cream, one of the most common pain relief methods, “The analgesic effect is limited during the phases associated with extensive tissue trauma…” 1    Although they cannot remember the pain as adults, circumcised male infants have increased pain response in vaccinations 4 to 6 months later.11  Circumcision appears to lower the pain threshold. 

Myth – Circumcising baby boys is a safe and harmless procedure.
Fact – Surgically removing part of a baby boy's penis causes pain, creates immediate health risks and can lead to serious complications. Risks include infection, hemorrhage, scarring, difficulty urinating, loss of part or all of the penis, and even death. Circumcision complications can and do occur in even the best clinical settings.

Myth – Circumcision is just a little snip.
Fact – Surgical removal of the foreskin involves immobilizing the baby by strapping him face-up onto a molded plastic board. In one common method, the doctor then inserts a metal instrument under the foreskin to forcibly separate it from the glans, slits the foreskin, and inserts a circumcision device. The foreskin is crushed and then cut off. The amount of skin removed in a typical infant circumcision is the equivalent of 15 square inches in an adult male.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Genitalia is ugly. So? Ugly as it is, even with cosmetic surgery, it is still ugly. That is why they call it "bumping uglies." Leave your kid alone, and let his penis be his penis. If he is unhappy with it, he can get it done when he is old enough to make that choice.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

We do not become more sensitive to pain as we get older. 

Quoting sturrfryy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

SASSYCJB
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I read the first response thats it. Don't be an ignorant asshole! Uncut or cut it all works my sons dad is uncut I love it! My son is cut. Ive seen and had both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)