Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (581-590):
fortheboys1218
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Yes, ladies New Borns feel pain, however, the blood flow is cut off the the area making that the most painful part of the procedure. After the blood flow returns, it is sore, however, most babies are so focused on his basic needs that the small mild headache pain isnt bothersome, (no pun intended). Howeverh, over one month old there are more nerve development in the penis as well as the rest of their body and that is one reason that Doctors will not do it in office over 1 month old as well as the risks..

Jessica L

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

my husbands is the only uncut ive seen and it doesnt bother me. He does pull the skin back before we do anything so for the longest time I had no idea

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

dont do it. if you love your son just dont do it. babies pass out from pain while this is being done. its too late, just ignore it. teach him how to clean it properly and let it be. my dh is not circumsized and i'm fine with it. it doesn't look "ugly" at all and he' glad his parents didn't mutilate him by cutting a part ofhis penis off.

fiiasco
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM

My only experience with uncut penises is from working in an emergency room, & after one too many 'traumatic' experiences with trying to cath uncut men, if in the future I have a boy he'll be circumcised at birth, I don't know if I'd be able to do it to my child once he's a year or older. Once men get older or end up in a facility no one pays attention to pulling back the foreskin & properly cleaning. 

Pregnancy Ticker

KyrinM
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM

My husband & son are both uncircumsized, they are fine.  I would leave it, if he wants to do it later in life, let it be his decision.  Also, I love having all that extra skin to play with, & yes it does make a difference in lovemaking overall, better if you ask me.  So there are several good reasons to leave it alone.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Oh, for goodness sakes.  Most men in the entire history of the world were/are uncircumsized.  He will be just fine.  Do NOT retract the foreskin.  It will happen naturally at puberty and then he can clean in the shower as normal. 

It is exactly the same as any other penis when um, in use.  Otherwise, it has a little bit of a covering over the end.  No biggie. 

Have seen both kids.  Not an issue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
If you love your son? What a crock of shit. I love my son and I still had him circumcised.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

dont do it. if you love your son just dont do it. babies pass out from pain while this is being done. its too late, just ignore it. teach him how to clean it properly and let it be. my dh is not circumsized and i'm fine with it. it doesn't look "ugly" at all and he' glad his parents didn't mutilate him by cutting a part ofhis penis off.

BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Why??? Bc some random person might find his penis icky if u hadn't? There is No PROOF that an uncircumcised penis is bad in any way. It's parents who don't teach their kid how to clean themselves

Quoting Anonymous:

If you love your son? What a crock of shit. I love my son and I still had him circumcised.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Both DS is uncut, he is 18 and he has never had issues medically or socially. From what he tells his Dad, he does not have any issues in the dating area either.
kathylue
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

We are conditioned to circumcised penises... I actually thought that was the penis boys were born with. People from other countries don't do it... If he is still a little baby , you could do it. That is what the Jewish do at Brisks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)