Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an uncut penis an issue?

Posted by   + Show Post

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (591-600):
Princesitamoni
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM
My husband is uncut. ive been with a man who is cut and to me it wasnt a big deal. My 3 month old nephew was circumsized. He screamed the entire time and didnt want his diaper area to be touched for 2 days after. So i dont like it but to each his own.
witchybabymomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I see no problem with it either way, but being that he is a little older if you do have it done it will be a little more painful or him. Not having it done is not an issue at all and has actually been becoming more common. I think either way he will be fine. And no they do not look gross BTW.

DebnDrew
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

how is a natural penis ugly? I think one with a big old scar on it is ugly.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM
My husband is circumcised but I dated an uncircumcised guy for awhile before and he was OK only because he took extra care to keep himself clean. He was from England but here on a work visa so knew how different that was to Americans;)
kjerstidon
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM

That is a very personal decision, so be happy whichever way you decide to go.  You have asked for info, so I will tell you of what I know.  A number of years ago, a friend of mine's father was having alot of trouble.  He was probably in his early 60s, and was uncut.  He had repeated trouble with infections and nothing that he tried helped.  My friend said it was awful, he had alot of pain and his dr told him he should be cut.  He did have it done and has been trouble free ever since. At the time, I thought that maybe because he was older that he had trouble keeping it clean or something.  Though now, I'm sot so sure.  My niece had a baby 5 years ago and they chose not to have him cut.  Now that he is 5, he had been having problems.  He frequenty says he hurts.  She is going to have it done now and is sick with dread.  She wishes that she would have had it done when he was younger.  He also wonders why he looks different that the other boys. (friends)  Anyway, I think the best reasons for having it done is to prevent problems with painful infections in the future, and for him not to feel like he is different.  (Oh, I would not care to have oral sex with someone that is uncut.  Though it is not necesarily gross, and I'm sure it would not bother some people.)

Redwall
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I didn't have either of my boys circumcised...at the time, that's what was suggested.  I had a friend who's son was born circumcised and it ws listed as a birth defect....

supercarp
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I don't think he'll be made fun of; there are plenty of uncut ones around. The issue is for his future sex partners. It can harbor bacteria that can infect a woman.

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I personally wouldn't do it at his age. It is a much harder procedure than it would have been when he was born. I did circumcise my boys (have them circumcised) but on the eighth day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

To answer your question, most women prefer to be with some that is circumcised, they its usually not a 'deal breaker.' 

But I would also look at the health issues around not circumcising.  This is a good link to check out:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17536321/Circumcision_Information

LectioDivina
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)