Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I dont want more kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
My 2.5 year old is perfect. I know that's cocky and every mom thinks their kid is the perfect one, well... Most moms..... Anyway he's so good and he's really smart and sleeps great! I don't think I could have another child as perfect as him. Plus I enjoy spoiling the shit out of him and not having to worry about sharing time with other kids. I want to give him the perfect amazing life he deserves.
And yes I know he's not perfect really, he has his tantrums, he can be a handfulll but I could never ever ask for a better kid!!!'
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way about my daughter. Moms with more than one tell me your heart just grows. :)

I also think about finances and part of what I want to be able to provide is a college education, which is expensive for just one! We will see where life takes us. All I'm sure of is that I don't want another right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My now 3 year old was a complete angel till he turned 3 in Nov.. We bypassed the terrible twos and now got the threes. Lol. He's always been a great sleeper, polite, and sweet. I had another son three months ago and I got lucky again. Great sleeper, barely cried, and laid back. I got lucky but at least I know 3's are hard business;) There is nothing wrong with how you feel and I thought one was good enough for us till I got pregnant again. It's a personal decision for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM
You're obviously going through anxiety and a fear of detachment. The fact you have to justify why you think you don't want more children shows you're doubting yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM
nope, not doubting myself, just sick of everyone always asking when DS is going to get a sibling. All the freaking time several times a week and i tell people its not happening and they still friggin ask!

Quoting Anonymous:

You're obviously going through anxiety and a fear of detachment. The fact you have to justify why you think you don't want more children shows you're doubting yourself.
haunted.mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I have two and they are my world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Why justify yourself and post this online then? Self-doubt

Quoting Anonymous:

nope, not doubting myself, just sick of everyone always asking when DS is going to get a sibling. All the freaking time several times a week and i tell people its not happening and they still friggin ask!

Quoting Anonymous:

daiseymae2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Having 2+ can be really stressful. My oldest was an only child in my home for 13 years. Then I had my 2dd and 16 months after her I had my DS. Live is never dull in this house. And the fighting can get really aggravating. My oldest is an adult and on her own now, so it's just my younger 2 here. There are days I question my sanity! But they are wonderful kids. They really are. I am so glad I got the chance to have them in my life. But I do understand what its like to enjoy only 1 child. 

NatashaOlivia
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Each to their own. I'm pregnant with my third. I couldn't imagine DD not having her younger brother
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this

And wouldn't you want him to know the love of having a sibbling? having a friend for life?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what cousins and friends are for :)

Quoting etsmom:

And wouldn't you want him to know the love of having a sibbling? having a friend for life?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)