Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I dont want more kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My 2.5 year old is perfect. I know that's cocky and every mom thinks their kid is the perfect one, well... Most moms..... Anyway he's so good and he's really smart and sleeps great! I don't think I could have another child as perfect as him. Plus I enjoy spoiling the shit out of him and not having to worry about sharing time with other kids. I want to give him the perfect amazing life he deserves.
And yes I know he's not perfect really, he has his tantrums, he can be a handfulll but I could never ever ask for a better kid!!!'
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I'm on the fence, about having a second child. I'm pretty content with just having one child, but I could see maybe having one more. I just wish people would stop asking, it's really none of their business. Even you have more than one kid, it's not guaranteed that they are going to be best friends.

luvcloudydays
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM
CAPS distinguish my raging sarcasm, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. If it was yelling, I would have put an exclamation mark at the end of my sentence. LIKE THIS!

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

goos fraba.... theres no need for virtual yelling.

Quoting luvcloudydays:

OH YES, BECAUSE I'M SO SERIOUS.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

wow, I'd hate for you to be my mom. 

Quoting luvcloudydays:

DERP DERP You think I don't know that?

I mean, PHYSICALLY responsible for a child. Once they're 18...BAM OUT THE DOOR!

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Then your in for a rude awakening. Being a mom is lifelong, until you die not until your child turns 18

Quoting luvcloudydays:

I have 5yo twin boys. NO WAY DO I WANT MORE! I don't want to risk gaining weight again, and having to dedicate another 18 years of my life to another child. Fuck that, I'm good.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvcloudydays
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM
At least I don't bullshit myself like most parents.

Quoting embersparkle:

Yes, how dare those little monsters make you dedicate your life to them...oh wait, that's right, they didn't ask to be born. What is with mothers like you whom act like children you had intruded on your life ?

Quoting luvcloudydays:

DERP DERP You think I don't know that?

I mean, PHYSICALLY responsible for a child. Once they're 18...BAM OUT THE DOOR!

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Then your in for a rude awakening. Being a mom is lifelong, until you die not until your child turns 18

Quoting luvcloudydays:

I have 5yo twin boys. NO WAY DO I WANT MORE! I don't want to risk gaining weight again, and having to dedicate another 18 years of my life to another child. Fuck that, I'm good.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I thought I'd try.  I have 4 sibbling and I'm the oldest . I wouldn't know how to not have sibblings. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what cousins and friends are for :)

Quoting etsmom:

And wouldn't you want him to know the love of having a sibbling? having a friend for life?

Speak Softly and Sweetly; Later You May Have To Eat Your Own Words
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
We debated over trying for another because my dh and I both have 3+ siblings and know what it's like to share time and money.....so I see your point! And there's nothing wrong with it! Lol sometimes when my ds4 has a bad night sleeping, I wonder why we are crazy enough to want to do this whole thing again. Lol
-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I don't want anymore because pregnancy nearly killings me every time.

I think 2 is a perfect number for us. 

There aren't too many to where I would lose my marbles. lol

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM

To each their own. I have 4 and we wanted 6. We are in the discussion phase of adopting from foster care (figuring out the timing and such) so in the next 5 years we will probably have at least one more, if not two or three.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Not all siblings are friends for life, some hate one another. lol

Quoting etsmom:

And wouldn't you want him to know the love of having a sibbling? having a friend for life?

ginger813
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

that's obviously up to you! I would feel bad only having one though. I have 3 kids, so they always have someone to play with!

ginger813
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

yep. The only times I ever talk to my brother is at family get togethers during the holidays. We don't hate each other, we just have absolutely NOTHING in common, so there really isn't anything to talk about.

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

Not all siblings are friends for life, some hate one another. lol

Quoting etsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)