Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food, does anybody else have this feeling?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM
  • 35 Replies

Eating less, being able to go longer without eating,etc makes me feel like I've accomplished something, makes me feel proud. Having the least amount on my plate, but being the last to finish is something I strive for at every meal. It is hard to explain, does anybody else have this and know how to put it into words?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:10 AM
That makes sense
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The.Hug.Life
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:11 AM

It's called the beginning of an eating disorder. You wouldn't know it to look at my fat ass now, but I developed anorexia in high school. I can't even begin to explain how amazing I felt when I skipped meals and how over-the-moon I was when I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks. It wouldn't have ever ended if I wasn't threatened by my family with a baker-act.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM

I wouldn't say I'm that over the top with it, on the anorexic spectrum. What's a baker-act?

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

It's called the beginning of an eating disorder. You wouldn't know it to look at my fat ass now, but I developed anorexia in high school. I can't even begin to explain how amazing I felt when I skipped meals and how over-the-moon I was when I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks. It wouldn't have ever ended if I wasn't threatened by my family with a baker-act.

504bbymami
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM
No I'm not like that at all. I'm the exact opposite actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The.Hug.Life
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Basically, it's being committed to a psych ward. 72 hour hold, if you are a threat to yourself or others.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I wouldn't say I'm that over the top with it, on the anorexic spectrum. What's a baker-act?

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Not trying to be too nosy, just let me know if you don't want to answer, but what made them commit you?

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Basically, it's being committed to a psych ward. 72 hour hold, if you are a threat to yourself or others.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Nope I love food all food and enjoy eating. I just try to eat healthy the majority of the time so when I do endulge it's not ass bad for me over all. But from what u described sounds like early stages of an eating disorder. I have had 2 cousins end up in a rehab clinic for anerxia and have had many friends battle it. Watching your portions is one thing but priding yourself in eating the least amount than anyone else at every meal is te stepping stones to a disaster waiting to happen ( and I'm not talking about when everyone u are with is devouring a large pizza to themselves and u are good with 2 slices )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Yes....but I've battled a eating disorder for decades. At 32 and 3 months post pardum, I've begun to diet again. I count my calories and like to stay around 1500 to be healthy. I wish that I had a better relationship with food:(
The.Hug.Life
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:24 AM

I wasn't actually baker-acted then. They just threatened it. I had been baker-acted before (2 or 3 times) for self-injury. I'm not a cutter or a burner anymore though...so no biggie.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Not trying to be too nosy, just let me know if you don't want to answer, but what made them commit you?

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:27 AM

You don't like to think that what you are doing could be the beginning of an eating disorder but when you feel triumph over food like that, it's not normal. It starts small and get's worse over time. Do you think the girls with anorexia nervosa started out starving themselves completely? They started out just like you. Nip it in the bud now. Instead of limiting your portions to that degree, go on the health nut side of it. Grilled foods and fresh vegetables. Let this manifest in a healthy way and not a starvation way. good luck to you. Please don't ignore what people are telling you. Many of us know from experience EXACTLY what you are feeling. it's not normal to feel that kind of triumph over food. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)