Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food, does anybody else have this feeling?

Posted by   + Show Post

Eating less, being able to go longer without eating,etc makes me feel like I've accomplished something, makes me feel proud. Having the least amount on my plate, but being the last to finish is something I strive for at every meal. It is hard to explain, does anybody else have this and know how to put it into words?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Not sure if I quoted the right spot, I always just thought Ana was short slang for anorexia. That's what I've always seen it called in books (not medical books, just things like memoirs)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, it's called anorexia... I've had an ED since I was 5 and I'll be 25 in less than two months.

I'd advise getting help now before it's too late. MANY people assume they can just stop... until those great feelings you get from skipping meals becomes an addiction.

Take it from someone who's almost died three times and have been in several hospitals and residential facilities for months at a time away from my family and everyone I knew. It's not worth it.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM
I'm so confused! About the last reply and now this reply if the quote of the op replying to me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Thanks,:)

Quoting Fields456:

No one who
suffers from it does. Thats why they end up suffering from it Just be
carful and make sure u are getting the proper amount of calories and the
right nutrition

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I've
looked into it and I see where people would get the idea that I might be
in the beginning stages of Ana,but (and this probably doesn't help my
case, but its how I honestly feel) I don't feel like I'm "strong" (I
guess that is the word) enough to ever be Ana.

Quoting Fields456:

Nope I love
food all food and enjoy eating. I just try to eat healthy the majority
of the time so when I do endulge it's not ass bad for me over all.
But from what u described sounds like early stages of an eating
disorder. I have had 2 cousins end up in a rehab clinic for anerxia and
have had many friends battle it. Watching your portions is one
thing but priding yourself in eating the least amount than anyone else
at every meal is te stepping stones to a disaster waiting to happen (
and I'm not talking about when everyone u are with is devouring a large
pizza to themselves and u are good with 2 slices )

Did you seriously just called anorexia nervosa 'ana'? Have you been on pro-ana sites? They disgust me, and give people with true eating disorders such a horrible reputation.

You seriously need help. Out of all the treatment centers and hospitals I have gone to (I am the anon that posted in green), no one refers to anorexia as 'ana' unless they are pro-ana or have been on those sites.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraLovesEli29
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Heck no. I like my food and everyone knows it. And no, before anyone asks I am not fat. I am pregnant though, and that definitely helps with my appetite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Not sure if I quoted the right spot, I always just thought Ana was short slang for anorexia. That's what I've always seen it called in books (not medical books, just things like memoirs)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, it's called anorexia... I've had an ED since I was 5 and I'll be 25 in less than two months.

I'd advise getting help now before it's too late. MANY people assume they can just stop... until those great feelings you get from skipping meals becomes an addiction.

Take it from someone who's almost died three times and have been in several hospitals and residential facilities for months at a time away from my family and everyone I knew. It's not worth it.

Okay, that makes more sense I suppose. I apologize if I sounded short. Those websites piss me the hell off. I've read quite a few anorexia/bulimia books and haven't heard it referred to as that in the books I've read. So, again, I apologize for being short.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Me too! Lol, somebody quoted that about me using the word Ana, so I quoted it here..but they also said they were the anon who posted in green, so I quoted the green anon just in case this one accidently quotes you.

Quoting Fields456:

I'm so confused! About the last reply and now this reply if the quote of the op replying to me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting Fields456:

No one who
right nutrition

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I've

Quoting Fields456:

Nope I love

Did you seriously just called anorexia nervosa 'ana'? Have you been on pro-ana sites? They disgust me, and give people with true eating disorders such a horrible reputation.

You seriously need help. Out of all the treatment centers and hospitals I have gone to (I am the anon that posted in green), no one refers to anorexia as 'ana' unless they are pro-ana or have been on those sites.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:52 AM
Nope, I make sure I eat and a decent amount at each meal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Sounds like an eating disorder.  My grandma was like that.  She was so proud of how little she ate.  She only weighed 83 pounds when she died.  She should have been at least 120.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:52 AM

It's okay, I understand. I've seen the sites before, most of them were looking on tips on how to become anorexic, asking how much weight they would lose, etc. It seemed kind of.....I don't know the word for it, but you get what I am saying. Why do they piss you off? (Not saying that I like them by any means)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, that makes more sense I suppose. I apologize if I sounded short. Those websites piss me the hell off. I've read quite a few anorexia/bulimia books and haven't heard it referred to as that in the books I've read. So, again, I apologize for being short.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Lol. Ok i think i understand
The Only time I have ever heard it referred to anorexia as Ana was in the song " goodbye Ana " by silver chair which the singer wrote after his battle with anorexia

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Me too! Lol, somebody quoted that about me using the word Ana, so I quoted it here..but they also said they were the anon who posted in green, so I quoted the green anon just in case this one accidently quotes you.

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting Fields456:

No one who

right nutrition

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I've

Quoting Fields456:

Nope I love

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM
How does a 5 yr old have an eating disorder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)