Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food, does anybody else have this feeling?

Posted by   + Show Post

Eating less, being able to go longer without eating,etc makes me feel like I've accomplished something, makes me feel proud. Having the least amount on my plate, but being the last to finish is something I strive for at every meal. It is hard to explain, does anybody else have this and know how to put it into words?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Replies (31-35):
tiffanydearing
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM

I have felt exactly like that, then again I've been battling anorexia for almost 14yrs...... :-(    The last year has been a triumph though, I am slowly becoming happy with being a WOMAN, the hardest challenge for me was accepting that a woman and a teenager are NOT supposed to look the same!!

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Great job!:)

Quoting tiffanydearing:

I have felt exactly like that, then again I've been battling anorexia for almost 14yrs...... :-(    The last year has been a triumph though, I am slowly becoming happy with being a WOMAN, the hardest challenge for me was accepting that a woman and a teenager are NOT supposed to look the same!!

tiffanydearing
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Thnak-you It truely is a challenge all the time

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Great job!:)

Quoting tiffanydearing:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I sure do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Quoting 1stpreggers:

How does a 5 yr old have an eating disorder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, it's called anorexia... I've had an ED since I was 5 and I'll be 25 in less than two months.

I'd advise getting help now before it's too late. MANY people assume they can just stop... until those great feelings you get from skipping meals becomes an addiction.

Take it from someone who's almost died three times and have been in several hospitals and residential facilities for months at a time away from my family and everyone I knew. It's not worth it.

Honestly, children more and more are being diagnosed with EDs as young as 5. Many start at 6-8. Mine started because I was being sexually abused by my mother's uncle and it was always around meal times... I figured if I didn't eat, I'd stay pure. I was also always comparing myself to other girls my age. I can remember going on my first diet at 7 - nothing but one lunchable a week. I was first hospitalized when I was 10.

The information is out there. I've learned a lot in my psychology classes. Not to mention many young girls were in the residential facilities and hospitals I stayed at. There have been many studies and surveys done on young children - both girls and boys - on their distorted perception of their bodies. It's quite fascinating, yet scary and sad at the same time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN