Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sick of it and I'm stuck. f*** going anon* eta

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM
  • 74 Replies
I don't know what else to do.

I've said it before. Ever since my husband was diagnosed with diabetes he's been a Fucking jerk. He's been angy- and I'm sick of it. He even makes low blows like how I have to pee ALL the time. Since pregnancy, and it never got better. He's in therapy- to deal with his anger- and nothing is getting better. Nothing.

I told him after the holidays, I want a divorce. I love him so much, but I don't deserve to be treated like shit while he's mad at the world. What did he do? Grab his insulin and threaten to OD on it.

Not the first time.

I took the insulin, all of it, and I'm going to hand it to him when he needs it. I'll also be calling his therapist today.

I just want my sweet, caring husband back. I'm sick of the asshole that replaced him. I've asked him to do couples therapy with me and he refuses. I want to fix things- but I seem to be the only one.

Ndkandbjdoebdjfodneb Fuck.

Seriously, just fuuuuck.

.........ok I'm done. Advice?

*eta*
He calmed down, and I reapproached calmly. We talked for a while about what needs to change, and why I'm so upset. I explained to him that I can handle the depression- I know what to do- but I can't deal with anger directed at me, when I did nothing to deserve it. Its not fair, and it's not a healthy environment

We hugged and kissed.

For better or for worse..... we're going to work through it. Thank you to the mom that reminded me of my vows. It helped snap me back to reality. I love him, and I don't want to leave... I'm just so fed up. I'm going to take a lot of the advice that I've been given.

Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:30 AM
I'm sorry *hugs* :( I don't really know what I would do and I've never been in that situation so I can't give you advice :/ but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Go with him to his therapy appointment this week. If anything at all, his therapist needs to be told in person that he's threatening suicide. Then you and your kid(s) need to leave. He is manipulating you into staying and it's not healthy for anyone. *hugs*

smurfbitebug
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:34 AM
It sounds like he is having trouble dealing with his being sick and is bitter about it. I have kind of been in his situation. Not the diabetes part, but something major changing and not for the better...and me not handling it well AT ALL.
If you can get him to therapy, that's the best bet. Not necessarily couple's therapy either. Just therapy for him would work wonders too.
You also have to realize what a difficult time he is having coming to terms with it. Not that it's an excuse, but you know what I mean. Help him out, compliment him a lot, try to make him see it isn't the end of the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Aw honey. I had no idea, I thought things has gotten better!

Byrd15
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a vacation with the kids? Maybe give him time to be a baby, cry, scream, get it out, when he is better you go back!
Bennett121
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM

agreed. My step dad did this to my mom for years. She finally left him because it was a toxic environment for both of us. He committed suicide years later, just like he said he would. If she had stayed then we would have lived through years of torment always wondering if we would come home to a corpse that afternoon. I'm glad she left him. It's a sick mind that manipulates another like that. YOU cannot be responsible for his actions. He has no right to try and put that burden on you. 

EDIT: Forgot to add, he too was diabetic. He killed himself with too much insulin one day after fighting with his mom. He locked all the doors and turned the radio up and laid there and died. She found him several days later after breaking into the house because he wouldn't answer the phone. I guess he got his revenge and (tried) to place responsibility on her for his actions. ..... stupid.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Go with him to his therapy appointment this week. If anything at all, his therapist needs to be told in person that he's threatening suicide. Then you and your kid(s) need to leave. He is manipulating you into staying and it's not healthy for anyone. *hugs*

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM
It's back and forth. I'll have 1 or 2 days of sweet Dh- then he's worse than before. :(
It's so frustrating.

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:41 AM

What's going on in his therapy sessions, do you know?

Quoting xomrs.chase:

It's back and forth. I'll have 1 or 2 days of sweet Dh- then he's worse than before. :(
It's so frustrating.

Quoting Unoriginal.:

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Thank you. All I could say was "how dare you abandon him (ds) like that" and took all his insulin.

I love him.. I really do.. but it IS toxic..
Thank you for sharing with me

Quoting Bennett121:

agreed. My step dad did this to my mom for years. She finally left him because it was a toxic environment for both of us. He committed suicide years later, just like he said he would. If she had stayed then we would have lived through years of torment always wondering if we would come home to a corpse that afternoon. I'm glad she left him. It's a sick mind that manipulates another like that. YOU cannot be responsible for his actions. He has no right to try and put that burden on you. 

EDIT: Forgot to add, he too was diabetic. He killed himself with too much insulin one day after fighting with his mom. He locked all the doors and turned the radio up and laid there and died. She found him several days later after breaking into the house because he wouldn't answer the phone. I guess he got his revenge and (tried) to place responsibility on her for his actions. ..... stupid.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:42 AM
He needs put on meds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)