Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sick of it and I'm stuck. f*** going anon* eta

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't know what else to do.

I've said it before. Ever since my husband was diagnosed with diabetes he's been a Fucking jerk. He's been angy- and I'm sick of it. He even makes low blows like how I have to pee ALL the time. Since pregnancy, and it never got better. He's in therapy- to deal with his anger- and nothing is getting better. Nothing.

I told him after the holidays, I want a divorce. I love him so much, but I don't deserve to be treated like shit while he's mad at the world. What did he do? Grab his insulin and threaten to OD on it.

Not the first time.

I took the insulin, all of it, and I'm going to hand it to him when he needs it. I'll also be calling his therapist today.

I just want my sweet, caring husband back. I'm sick of the asshole that replaced him. I've asked him to do couples therapy with me and he refuses. I want to fix things- but I seem to be the only one.

Ndkandbjdoebdjfodneb Fuck.

Seriously, just fuuuuck.

.........ok I'm done. Advice?

*eta*
He calmed down, and I reapproached calmly. We talked for a while about what needs to change, and why I'm so upset. I explained to him that I can handle the depression- I know what to do- but I can't deal with anger directed at me, when I did nothing to deserve it. Its not fair, and it's not a healthy environment

We hugged and kissed.

For better or for worse..... we're going to work through it. Thank you to the mom that reminded me of my vows. It helped snap me back to reality. I love him, and I don't want to leave... I'm just so fed up. I'm going to take a lot of the advice that I've been given.

Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Replies (71-74):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
It's called honeymooning. It can last a while.

Quoting lisa601:

I hadn't heard that. My friends 18 month old started pumping 3 months after dx.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Thank you. He has to wait for his pancreas to completely die before getting the pump. He can't wait

Quoting lisa601:

My DS9 is type1, dx at 5. I feel for you. Right now I'm in control of DS and tell him when to test, what to eat, etc. I know I'll have a hard time when he starts doing it all himself. One thing that helped us was an insulin pump. DS has the Omnipod and his a1c went from 8.1 to 7.1 within 2 months. It's worth looking into.

Although DS doesn't have any symptoms if he is high he turns into a beast when he is low. I have to ask if he is low or just mad. Fortunately, he can tell when he is dropping. I wish you luck.
lisa601
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I know what honeymooning is. My DSs lasted almost a year. My point was you don't have to wait till it is over to start pumping.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

It's called honeymooning. It can last a while.

Quoting lisa601:

I hadn't heard that. My friends 18 month old started pumping 3 months after dx.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Thank you. He has to wait for his pancreas to completely die before getting the pump. He can't wait

Quoting lisa601:

My DS9 is type1, dx at 5. I feel for you. Right now I'm in control of DS and tell him when to test, what to eat, etc. I know I'll have a hard time when he starts doing it all himself. One thing that helped us was an insulin pump. DS has the Omnipod and his a1c went from 8.1 to 7.1 within 2 months. It's worth looking into.

Although DS doesn't have any symptoms if he is high he turns into a beast when he is low. I have to ask if he is low or just mad. Fortunately, he can tell when he is dropping. I wish you luck.
mary841108
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

get his hormonal levels checked before divorce, diabetes in men can sometimes alter their testosterone levels causing mood swings. he may need hormone therapy to get back on track. good luck to you

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I'm sorry hun :  ( I hope things start to look up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)