Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

miserable morning

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Last night i went to bed with a slightly upset stomach.. i thought it was from reflux id had all evening... no biggy. Well this morning i bolt out of bed and rush to the bathroom... dh is in there so i text him i need him to hurry. he says okay, i think he thought it was my pregnancy bladder about to explode not everything else.. well i finally.get in the bathroom and turns out i have diahrea and I'm puking. great. I feel like i have a fever so i dig out the thermometer... not to sure its working... my temp won't go above 96.1 and i can't remember where the other one went.. hot and cold flashes worse than my normal pregnancy ones... my stomach is still gurgling and uncomfortable an hour later, i still feel like I'm going to be sick every couple of minutes and the only "puke bucket" we have is in the kids room and i can't go get it because they'll wake up and refuse to go back to sleep so i have to just keep jumping up and running to the bathroom every time i think i might get sick especially when i hiccup/burp/whatever you want to call it and get tbat horrible.taste in my.mouth... we don't have any meds i can take, no ginger ale, or anything... I'm beyond tired since i had less than 5 hours sleep and I'm def not a morning person begin with...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:15 AM
4 & 1. I know my youngest will be wanting to climb all over me and neither will be content with tv for more than 15 ish minutes. I'm hoping they'll behave today with out issues and play in the play room for a while
idr the last time i felt this sick and miserable... if my sreflux would stop and my stomach would stop doing flips it'd be manageable at least

Quoting bri2011:

Awe. How old are ur kids? Can u set them up in the living room with cartoons, toys, snacks etc while u lay on the couch? I hope u feel better I had the flu this last pregnancy it was terrible...try to stay hydrated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Wait, you text your dh when you are only in the other room? Why not knock on the door? And why does he take his phone into the bathroom?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Because the bathrooms next to the kids room and didn't want to wake them up by yelling... he. always has his phone...

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait, you text your dh when you are only in the other room? Why not knock on the door? And why does he take his phone into the bathroom?

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Kinda sounds like food poisoning.

Maybe get a trash can to puke in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I know stomach bugs and food poisoning have very similar symptoms so far I'm the only one who has it and we all ate the same thing :/
the only.one we have is in the kids closet... well besides the kitchen trash can but id have to take out the bag every time i got.sick and figure.out.how.to get the top off.. the kids will probably be up in like half an hour

Quoting carterscutie85:

Kinda sounds like food poisoning.

Maybe get a trash can to puke in?

chefmartha
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Ask hubs to bring home some Gatorade as well as the ginger ale. It doesn't take much but it will help even out your electrolytes and keep you from dehydrating. Don't like the stuff myself but it's preferable to a trip to the ER and an IV in the arm.

brandyblx
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM

If you're nauseous take some Benadryl.It helps relieve it,trick my doctor taught me while pregnant with my youngest(I did nothing but puke for 9 months!!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM
I sent him a list of stuff i need lol. but he won't be home/on his way for another 10.5-11 hrs. So I'm hoping i can manage without until than... mostly just reflux and uncomfortable. stomach right now... but everything. I've tried to drink has made my stomach turn and feel sicker :(
Def trying to avoid the er.. i can't imagine trying to go with the kids plus that damn iv sucks... and i dont want to take chance with the baby.

Quoting chefmartha:

Ask hubs to bring home some Gatorade as well as the ginger ale. It doesn't take much but it will help even out your electrolytes and keep you from dehydrating. Don't like the stuff myself but it's preferable to a trip to the ER and an IV in the arm.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Poor thing. Wish you felt better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM
I think dh finished off what we had this summer... we rarely use meds so i don't think to restock on any.. plus half the time its a waste cause stuff goes bad before we use it. I had a script for some meds to help with nausea from something either pregnancy or surgery a. but i have to call my doc and get the okay from him.

Quoting brandyblx:

If you're nauseous take some Benadryl.It helps relieve it,trick my doctor taught me while pregnant with my youngest(I did nothing but puke for 9 months!!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)