Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this will be our LAST christmas not being home!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM
  • 21 Replies
4 moms liked this

Not once in four years have we been able to put up a christmas tree, decorate and have santa come visit OUR house for christmas! We have always had to drive 7-8 hours out of our way to vist SOMEONES parents for christmas or they would have a bitch fit! This year its my husbands moms turn! Its the last year I'm doing this! Its too stressful, too expensive, and I don't think its wrong to want my kids to wake up in their beds and run to their christmas tree to see what santa brought them!From next year on, If they want to see our kids on christmas they have to come to our house!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I don't blame you one bit

CuzImMOM
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM
Kinda the same way when my dd was younger. Not anymore. I'm not going to miss another one here at home. We got to others on our time.

I have learned that you can't make everyone happy. So I stopped trying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:18 AM
I hold an open house on Christmas starting at 10am whomever wants to come visit us is welcome, if you don't want to come visit no big deal no pressure.

I had to put my foot down years ago and say its not fair to my children to open their presents and have to rush off to visit. Ofcourse all 6 of my siblings thought I was being a jerk but now they all have children of their own and understand.
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I dont have an issue on this-because I would go on christmas eve and stay the night with one of the parents.  We are going 1000miles away this year first time in 12yrs for christmas and cant wait.  What I have hated is the last 12yrs is my in-laws who live here (hub parents divorced so I have 2 sets of inlaws) live less than 10min away and would have the kids wait 1-2hrs before opening gifts, last year we didnt, but I had to listen to my dad about things since he now lives with us.

BShip2010
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM
I can see where you are coming from!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Wow!
Last Christmas DH was in Basic so I was home, this year we're going home again because he deploys in Jan. so we want to see family, have him say goodbye.
Next year it's all us. I do not own a single Christmas decoration... Not one. Lol
Try and make it as fun and happy as possible! <3
mitikusmom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You will never regret it.  We refuse to visit other people for Christmas.  I love staying home and our kids are so much less stressed.

november117
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM
We have a very big blended family. Dh's parents are divorced, I have a ds from my first marriage he has a ds from a previous relationship plus my parents. It has always been tradition for Christmas Eve at my parents, dh's mom usually puts on a dinner on Christmas day but since his Dad is back in the picture (they didn't talk for a while) and I am due December 15th and we don't get ss on holidays unless they fall on a weekend we are going to have everybody over on the Sunday before Christmas. Anybody who wants to come is welcome. I am not hauling a 4,3, and new born out 1-2 weeks post partum. Too cold, too much of a hassle and I am sure we will ne exhausted and still getting a routine. So, I don't blame ya mama.
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM
We are military, decor goes up early and.come down late.

Bc I am Polish Santa comes early so we don't have that issue.

But I know many families that do Christmas early, why can't you?

We have decided every other year honestly, after this year anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I don't blame ya one bit! That's a tad bit ridiculous and childish of your family to throw a tantrum!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)