Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and whatever else there is...***EDIT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am not impressed when I see celebrities and other famous people being sponsored by these weightloss plan things. I would much rather see them sponsor someone who doesnt have millions of dollars already and actually needs the help.

I mean Jessica Simpson and Valerie Bertenelli (sp?) can afford trainers and someone to smack their hands in there kitchens.

They should sponsor someone real. It should be someone overweight who cant normally afford their programs.

I just love how everything on this site turns into a bashing conest. I have no problem with myself. Sure I could lose 10lbs, but I am fine with me. I think I should be able to post about whatever I want here without someone trying to tell me to be a responible adult and stop making excuses. This wasnt an excuse. I guess you cant read.

The point is, IF I NEEDED TO USE ONE OF THESE PROGRAMS I would be more motivated if I saw real people (people who are not famous, who dont have the luxury of trainers, chefs, etc, People who work normal everyday jobs) I would be more motivated to do it. How would a multimillion dollar celebrity motivate someone who makes $30k a yr to lose weight when the celebrity did nothing but sign a contract and recieve the money and free supplies? Apparently you people on here talking smack need to open your eyes to reality. Obesity is a real problem. These programs should be spending their money on showing people that everyday people can get real results too

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
guyergirl12
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel ya! And Jessica is pregnant again so her weight watchers deal was a joke!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Then act like a responsible adult and do what you know is right. I hate when people use the excuse that celebs have trainers,chefs,and access to xyz....yes those things are a helpful advantage,but it is just that an advantage. Its easier but not necessary. You are not in shape,fit,and healthy,because of your bad choices. If you really want to lose weight,stop making excuses and get up and do what you need to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Oh please,stop the bs and excuses. If Nike used everyday average people vs celebs to sell their products,they would not be as profitable. Same with the weight loss companies. They use the celebs to endorse their programs and products. Excuses. No wonder so many American women are fat and frumpy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Oh please,stop the bs and excuses. If Nike used everyday average people vs celebs to sell their products,they would not be as profitable. Same with the weight loss companies. They use the celebs to endorse their programs and products. Excuses. No wonder so many American women are fat and frumpy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:30 AM
agree

Quoting Anonymous:

Then act like a responsible adult and do what you know is right. I hate when people use the excuse that celebs have trainers,chefs,and access to xyz....yes those things are a helpful advantage,but it is just that an advantage. Its easier but not necessary. You are not in shape,fit,and healthy,because of your bad choices. If you really want to lose weight,stop making excuses and get up and do what you need to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I wasnt making a big deal about myself needing to lose weight. I was making a big deal about places like that should sponsor real people. The real people would get real results and other real people (Paying customers) would choose that program to get themselves healthy because they were motivated by peple like them.

It does not take a responsible adult to take Jenny Craigs money and free membership and lose weight. I just think they should help people who otherwise couldnt do it. I am sure Jessica Simpson would have been fine on her own. And yes, because she can afford personal trainers and chefs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Byrd15
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Amen!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)