Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Serious ? - TMI for some

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok this is a serious fart/poop ? for those that made.the decision to start eating healthy.

I was eating nothing but junk and decided to start my healthy eating, incorporating a lot of fruit & vegetables, on yesterday. After lunch my farts were smelling awful!!! Like egg or something. I know TMI but I need to ask. Then this am my poop was just as bad. I remember on wife swap many yrs ago there was a man who was complaining to the woman that went to live with him he had diarrhea and she said no your body is just getting rid of the junk. Has this happened to any of you when you started eating healthy? Will it go away? Im going to work in a bit and I knowns coworker and I will he laughing our heads off, but I seriously need advice on this.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Hahaha, funny you say that, my sister always says it smells like death in there . What about her farts? I think that is was getting me more uneasy because I can't just secretly go if I feel I start to cramp up.

Quoting lovemyirish:

All the fiber from your fruits and veggies are definitely going to do that. They say the healthier you eat, the smellier your bm is lol. My 7 yr old DD is a super healthy eater and the bathroom smells like death after her lol. Congratulations on the lifestyle change! Good luck.
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it smelled like i had pooped out rotten dead animals it was awful
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Yes it stinks.lol but your body will eventualy get used to it make sure you are drinking plenty of water to flush your system too.
Kitschy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Yes, it will even out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Resume_Writer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM

It's your body ridding itself of toxins. A few beans and foods like hummus (which is loaded w chickpeas) can give you gas but vegetables that's largely a myth. The absolute best way to regain your health AND figure is to go as raw as possible for a while until you get back on track then do 80/20. 80% raw and 20% cooked/prepared foods. Get a decent juicer- I'm happy to refer you to some great sources like The Blender Girl for juicing recipes and raw recipes!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Thanks,

Quoting lauren.m:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it smelled like i had pooped out rotten dead animals it was awful
GreenAndLean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Kale smells like sulfer wqhen it cooks because of the sulfer and mustard in it mixing so maybe that is why the farts smelled real bad.

Fiber does make you more regular and can give you gas anyways
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Funny, just yesterday DH and I have started a cleanse. Just fruits and vegetables for 7 days. We do it every 6 weeks. And yes you get more gas and sometimes loose bowels. If you drink magnisum solfate, one bottle while changing to the healthy foods, you will see things you have never seen come out of you. Usually it's pitch black.

Good luck and buy some Beano.
Resume_Writer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Btw I eat very healthy and I don't have smelly poop and very rarely fart. I have a lot of raw Vegan friends too and this is definitely the shared experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That would be great. Im always thinking whats a good combination. I don't have a juicer, but will a blender work? I did a raw detox maybe 2 yrs ago and I don't even remember farting whileI was doing it now that you mention it.

Quoting Resume_Writer:

It's your body ridding itself of toxins. A few beans and foods like hummus (which is loaded w chickpeas) can give you gas but vegetables that's largely a myth. The absolute best way to regain your health AND figure is to go as raw as possible for a while until you get back on track then do 80/20. 80% raw and 20% cooked/prepared foods. Get a decent juicer- I'm happy to refer you to some great sources like The Blender Girl for juicing recipes and raw recipes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN