Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Serious ? - TMI for some

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok this is a serious fart/poop ? for those that made.the decision to start eating healthy.

I was eating nothing but junk and decided to start my healthy eating, incorporating a lot of fruit & vegetables, on yesterday. After lunch my farts were smelling awful!!! Like egg or something. I know TMI but I need to ask. Then this am my poop was just as bad. I remember on wife swap many yrs ago there was a man who was complaining to the woman that went to live with him he had diarrhea and she said no your body is just getting rid of the junk. Has this happened to any of you when you started eating healthy? Will it go away? Im going to work in a bit and I knowns coworker and I will he laughing our heads off, but I seriously need advice on this.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Yeppers that's what happens at first. You have a lot more gas and its stinky and so is your feces. It usually goes away in 2-3 days. In the end your body will thank you, right now its saying " wheres my dang junk food?" LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Her gas is just as bad. Lol. I've been eating fiber one bars in the morning and I've been in the bathroom like 6 times a day and my gas is ridiculous! Way tmi, I know but I can't help it!! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahaha, funny you say that, my sister always says it smells like death in there . What about her farts? I think that is was getting me more uneasy because I can't just secretly go if I feel I start to cramp up.

Quoting lovemyirish:

All the fiber from your fruits and veggies are definitely going to do that. They say the healthier you eat, the smellier your bm is lol. My 7 yr old DD is a super healthy eater and the bathroom smells like death after her lol. Congratulations on the lifestyle change! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I should be doing this, can I pm you for more info on the cleansing? I know our bodies need it, and a main reason why I sometimes feel sluggish

Quoting catchup29:

Funny, just yesterday DH and I have started a cleanse. Just fruits and vegetables for 7 days. We do it every 6 weeks. And yes you get more gas and sometimes loose bowels. If you drink magnisum solfate, one bottle while changing to the healthy foods, you will see things you have never seen come out of you. Usually it's pitch black.

Good luck and buy some Beano.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It'll go away. Its your body adjusting to food to can actual break down and digest properly.
Resume_Writer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM

A good blender will work as a juicer (although many raw vegans I know choose to have both). They have some very expensive multipurpose blenders like that but I always get a less expensive blender and replace every year or two because I can't afford to buy something like a Vitamix outright (those last a lifetime, literally but they cost around $500 plus!). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Can I pm you regarding this? Im really interested in the juicing. Sometimes it's hard to get all the fruits and veggies in your day

Quoting Resume_Writer:

A good blender will work as a juicer (although many raw vegans I know choose to have both). They have some very expensive multipurpose blenders like that but I always get a less expensive blender and replace every year or two because I can't afford to buy something like a Vitamix outright (those last a lifetime, literally but they cost around $500 plus!). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Can I pm you regarding this? Im really interested in the juicing. Sometimes it's hard to get all the fruits and veggies in your day

Quoting Resume_Writer:

catchup29
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Please do. There is more to it.
Resume_Writer
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Absolutely PM me :D

mamom01
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Yep.  I still do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But did you have the odor? Im not sure if mine is related to my body getting rid of the toxins

Quoting mamom01:

Yes.  I don't think it's necessarily that my body is getting rid of the junk...it's more that I consume more fiber than before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)