Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have almost nothing for my kiddo for Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

and I am normally completely done by now.  I am just sucking this year.  Money is tight since my husband left.  I have no one to keep her so that I can go shopping and I hate shopping online.  Christmas is going to be here before I know it and my kid is going to have a movie and a box of crayons under the tree.  I need some motivation.  Maybe if I decorate the tree today I will feel more like it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Can you shop online? Alot of places offering deals on shipping!

godsgirl26
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM

many places, like toys r us, have order online and pick up in the store the same day..

how old is dd? Maybe you can go grocery shopping and slide a few things in the cart without her noticing.. I did that to my 12 year old last year.

IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I'm sorry.

I echo the online sentiment..while I am not in your situation, DH and I set a hard budget and stick to it. I found awesome toys for far cheaper than Toys r Us et al for DS 21 months on Amazon. 

I hate going to stores/mauls during this time of year, anyway. 

How old is your child? There may be "empty stocking" type of charities in your area that can provide some gifts for your DD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I'm sorry.

I echo the online sentiment..while I am not in your situation, DH and I set a hard budget and stick to it. I found awesome toys for far cheaper than Toys r Us et al for DS 21 months on Amazon. 

How old is your child? There may be "empty stocking" type of charities in your area that can provide some gifts for your DD?

She is 9.  I have some money to get some presents.  Not anywhere near what she has always had.  But I can provide.  I just cant get motivated this year

IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I do not believe in getting kids too much....stuff. I think a few presents and a stocking to dump are all that is required. I actually enjoy the family meal/watching movies together etc more important. If the weather is good here (crapshoot) DH will probably take DS 21 months out in the bike trailer (I'm too pregnant to fit behind handlebars lol!) 

I loathe stress and that is making me hate Giftmas, I'm trying to minimize the stress and focus on the fun parts, like watching "Die Hard" on Xmas Eve. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I'm sorry.

She is 9.  I have some money to get some presents.  Not anywhere near what she has always had.  But I can provide.  I just cant get motivated this year

rockinmomnwife
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Don't feel bad. I have 50 bucks for my two kids for Christmas so far... and I really want my two neices to get something, too. :( It looks like no one else is getting anything thanks to my husband going to college, we are so broke.

mariesmama
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I'm sorry.

was this a typo or a joke?misspelling mall i mean

IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Deliberate mis-spelling. :)

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I'm sorry.

was this a typo or a joke?misspelling mall i mean

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)