Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your child/children go?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just got this email from my daughter's class (kindergartner) (a single dad).. I wouldn't let my child go.. I know not eveyone has sick minds.. but I just can't let her go.. would you? 

I had made some little invites to give out to all the kids but I was not allowed to pass them out cause it is not a birthday party. So if you know anyone in Ms. Soso's class that is not on the list please send them this email. You can drop off all your kids please text me first. And I will have four of my friends helping me throughout the day. Chippy is very excited and really wants to play with his new friends.

For: Chippy and myself to get to know the kiddos
Why: So you parents can get some Christmas shopping done!
When: December 8th
Where: My house
R.S.V.P to my cell 000-000-0000 anytime
How it will work: Text me your kids drop off time along with all ages    
Pack one drink and a snack each that will not spoil and of course labeled     Make sure to fill out a name tag when you get here and put name tag on their shirts with their name and your phone #.                                                    
You go and enjoy a couple hours of child free shopping!  

What we will have: I will have ALL age appropriate toys, some crafts, story time, fruit snacks, crackers, and water. If it is nice out we will be outside in my backyard. Also turkey sandwiches can be made with little mayo on white bread if needed. Please let me know if any allergies.

Drop off times will be every hour from 10:00a.m-6:00p.m. Final pick up time will be 9:00p.m
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (31-36):
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

No since I don't know the man I would not let my kids go.

tyheamma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Nope. Though I'd be willing to go with my child and chaperone. I think it should be class parents coming together to chaperone, not one man and his four friends. Sorry, I don't know you that well.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I would volunteer to help for awhile and feel it out. I think he is trying to do something nice to hopefully get some friends for his child and for himself within the school because he knows he is automatically guilty of a crime for "parenting while male." I would do the same if it was a mom offering, I would get to know her and a feel for the situation and as long as I was comfortable I would let them go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM
No way.

Then agsin my 5 year old wouldn't be going to anyones house alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

If I knew the guy yes.  At the same time I feel sorry that most people would have no issue if it was a single mom but because it's a single dad he's automatic a rapist/child molester.  I feel sorry for the guy and his son.  Who is to say the guy's friends aren't women?  If you're worried about it then ask to stay and help out for an hour or two.

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I would. If a pedophile wants to molest a kid, they aren't going to invite the entire class. I would drop them off, have a look around, and be fine with it, good times of the kids to play. Would you be so suspicious if he were a single mom? Sounds like he just wants his child to make friends and is trying to help people out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured